Skyfire and other servers Down?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Miroh, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Strcat New Member

The server has gone from no respounce in the last hour to locked
    so far so good.
  2. Jaeded Well-Known Member

This
  3. Pickleweasle Member

After yesterday's patch the lag was BAD! I know it is always bad but when raiding and everything just hangs there for seconds and everyone is like what is going on. Was really bad yesterday.
  4. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well, I can now log on :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Cienla New Member

did it just crash again?
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maj'Dul apparently just bit the dust and Skyfire was down. Sounds like a party at the server farm.
  7. Cienla New Member

Looks like I can log in again. I have to manually select a character from the login screen. Otherwise, my character list is empty
  8. Cienla New Member

I am on Skyfire
  9. Ely Rose New Member

Cannot log on Maj'Dul yet. My chars on AB are fine though! Haha
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Forum message now says: Status: 7/11/2018 19:15 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Maj'Dul and Halls of Fate
  11. Bamadin New Member

My cue to head off to bed ..
  12. Gameshark Member

aaand it just now crashed for me on hof. greaaaat
  13. Zyxia Active Member

And Halls is down again - sigh - and here I am sitting with all my scorched sky stuff, itching to decorate - sigh
    DB you really do need to give that hamster better food...and drink...
  14. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

15. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Could be worse, a cascading failure.

Skyfire up down up
    Halls of Fate up down up
    Maj'Dul up down
    Antonica Bayle up
    Fallen Gate up
    Isle of Refuge up
    Stormhold up
    Thurgadin up

ohhhh :rolleyes:
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you are jonesing for a fix, play on Test. You can make the same number of characters on Test as you can on Live and they are considered separate regions, for me, 20 on Live, 20 on Test (on one account), and we have claims as well. At the moment, we are testing Tinkerfest 2018. And even though we are test, we do not get wiped, we are a persistent server just as live.

We would welcome you spending your live downtime with us on Test.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. mandarae New Member

anyone else still unable to see any characters from the main character selection log in? I have to log in using the drop down menu. cant camp to character select either, just brings me to the option of creating a new character.
  18. Cienla New Member

Mandarae, I have the same problem. I noticed on my drop down menu that there is an old character listed for a closed server. This character just showed up yesterday. Because of this old character on the Oasis server, the login screen is trying to connect to Oasis. Check your list to see if you have the same issue. I have opened a ticket for this, but it is not resolved yet.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried hitting the up or down arrow keys a few times at the character select screen? I know that sounds weird, but it usually works.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And we have NPC Cookie Vendors, for cookies you usually have to wait for a Guide to get! ;->

Actually, that last bit of mine was a lie ("a ramshackle need waiting to be born" --Ray Bradbury), but it's a riff on the "Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies." bit. ;->

But it's true: many/most of the Guide events have permanent NPCs attached to them on Public Test (to give it its full, formal name on the drop-down menu for Region), and we have an NPC vendor for ALL of the Advanced crafting recipe books, as well as constant XP bonuses. :)

I was gonna say, the only real "problem" with Test can be unexpected/little warning server drops for devs adjusting things, but after what's been happening with the other servers, y'all should be used to that by now... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.