SK Single Target Taunt+Fighter Rune

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Priority, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

So, as the title suggests, is it possible to have this looked at? As it currently sits, Goading Gesture is about 3 times more effective than the SK Single Target level 102 Ancient tier Insidious Whisper. There has never been any reason given and it has been ignored for over a year. I figure with an expansion coming up, it's worth bringing up again. The reason Goading Gesture is better is because it benefits from ALL spell modifiers that Insidious Whisper does, all the while having more damage added to it from the Fighter Rune, Ancient Advance AA in the Dragon tree, whatever ability coercers have that adds mental damage to taunts (The name is eluding me atm) AND it has an inherent 10% chance to double cast. The most hits I've seen from Goading Gesture is currently 9. The most I've seen from Insidious is 5 or 6? I know it's not more than 6, but I don't use it much anymore simply because it's such a poor performing ability.

Either way, it's super demoralizing to have spent the RL money to upgrade an ability that "should" have been an upgrade, to only end up using a free spell I got back at level 20 from The Splitpaw Saga while every other tank has the added benefit of using their own spells.

I know that it doesn't immediately look like Goading Gesture is significantly better than Insidious Whisper, but I have done several hundred nights worth of testing in which Goading regularly and hilariously outperforms Insidious Whisper in every situation whether it be a training dummy, training monkey, raid mob across all tiers, or any heroic content. Every SK I've turned on to this ability that has actually gone out and gotten has made the switch. It's easily testable

TL;DR: Ancient Tier Insidious Whisper X is outperformed by a spell that precedes it by 82 levels and 14 years.

I've attempted to upload an image, I'm unsure if it will work or not as this is the first I've tried to upload here that I can remember.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SNhMC2xZvZ7yenCi8
  2. Dolgrin Active Member

Funny to see this thread.
    After 101 unsuccessfully nerf monk dps threads from the SK-Community, now the nerf all fighters (including SK) from the SK-Community.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Where did you get that from? I'm asking them to improve Insidious Whisper...It's the obvious outlier in performance compared to every other tanks taunts.
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Hell, looking at the celestial 112 version right now on live, and it STILL won't be better than Goading.

And the level 120 version of Unending Agony does the EXACT same damage as the level 110 version. They haven't even bothered to look at spells yet, and it shows.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

or, more plausibly, they haven't pushed them to live because they are revamping stuff. we know they are doing stuff with power regen, for instance
  6. Julianxzz Member

What is "Taunt" ?
    " Increase the target's hate towards the fighter...."
    Insidious Whisper does much more threat than Goading Gesture, doesn't it?

Imo, the damage form AA and Fighter Rune are just the " additional value"....
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

no, approximately double yet Goading does 3 times the damage of Insidious. The damage parses are in the fighter channel on the discord server if you'd like to see them. Goading edges out Insidious, yet, other tanks use their single target taunts over Goading. What does that tell you?
  8. Priority Well-Known Member