SK or Bruiser

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Regolas, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I want to level up a tank alt on my second account.
    The main reason is for PLing other characters on my main account but no doubt when I get him to cap I'll like playing him and want to progress him like all the other alts.
    Now, for pure PLing purposes, I know SK's bring more to the table in AE abilities. However, I have just got a zerker to 92 on my main account and the reason I am thinking of rolling a bruiser is to have something a bit different. Let's face it, at cap with reasonable gear you don't need to be an "AE tank" to PL effectively.
    Just wondering what peoples experiences are between the two. I'm worried if I roll an SK that it will be too similar to my zerker, so something a bit different would be good. So I'm leaning towards the Bruiser but I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

An SK isn't really at all like the zerker IMO.

I find the SK more interesting than the Bruiser, so I have to recommend it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Not an easy decision since you already have a Zerker (AE tank).
    I have a SK as main and recently levelled up a monk to have a different kind of tank to run groups with, so I was in the same situation you're now in.
    SK is a lot of fun, but Bruiser would probably the better decision if you're looking for something totally different from the Berserker.
  4. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Play what you want to play as you will be the one using it. The only thing a bruiser really has over a SK is close mind immunity for mass pulling CC mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

That's the problem, I have no idea what I want to play. I like the idea of both, but I definitely don't want 3 tanks. I'll probably stick with the Bruiser simply because its a leather tank so a tiny bit different to plate. Better avoidance might make it feel a bit more unique. Long term goal is to have one of each archtype on each account, but I also don't want the exact same role for each. I know a tank is a tank, but in their current state, for example, zerkers are offtanks outside of heroics. So it makes sense to me to have my second tank as a MT type tank, otherwise, at cap, they'll be no reason to choose one from the other to play if they both fill the exact same role.