SK newbie question.....

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Targas71, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Targas71 New Member

Hello,

can I play an SK as an pure DPS Class? With a two hand sword?
    Or is it a pure Tank class?

Thanks

Sorry for my bad englisch
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You can play as a pure dps class, but no one will take you seriously. I do so, with 1h sword and shield (2 chances to proc, not one) but my guild encourages me for we play for fun. We are serious in our groups at to succeeding, but not at the cost of fun. Why we are here. But if you go DPS as a SK, almost no LFG groups will take you. You will be ridiculed and laughed it. Just warning you.

Oh, and your English is fine. So don't worry about it.
  3. Justaplayer Member

With the right ascension rotation and group buffs you can temporary dps as well as a worse geared true dps class, but an equally geared true dps will do 10x more damage than you. On trash fight you can be really helpful, but it's best to do damage while tanking anyways.
  4. Jaxxan D'Arkon New Member

SK can dps harder than lots of scouts and mages if you care enough about your SK to put the time and effort in to grow their power.

You may occasionally join a group as DPS, but you'll probably be tanking the majority of the time.

Get a sword and board. 2handers are dead.
  5. Fairin Active Member

the endline quest reward is a shield. that proc's a great aoe. and 5 fervor.. your auto attack isn't gonna matter (geomancers not not included)

you can be a great tank. and a great dps at the same time.. its also called holding aggro. =)