SK epic 2.0 petworth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kayas, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Kayas Member

Is the epic 2.0 pet worth spending DBC on to upgrade? How much more damage do the different tiers do?
  2. Mathafern Well-Known Member

It is worth upgrading, but the upgrade path by actually having the spells crafted is completely do-able, no need for DBC.

Any crafter worth thier salt has the recipes by this point, and Superior Spellshards drop often from weeklies in PoP.

You'll need to figure out where they hid the greater spellshards to finish the upgrade but a pile of superiors will go far.
    Kayas likes this.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

For greater fragments go back and do the obulus pq , if you have done the ka sigline you can spawn the obulus pq once a day or have someone that can spawn it for you.. Can be done every 30 mins and drop rate is pretty good for greater fragments on this one
    Im sure just about any class can solo this pq now.
    Kayas, Mermut and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  4. Kayas Member

Are these items no trade? How many do I need. I can make $100 an hour if I work on a car overtime at my auto shop. How many hours would I be spending farming components? My time with my daughter's is often more valuable. I am sorry to be a part of the pay to play problem but this is my reality. I get a few hours each night to play the game and I would much rather spend that grouping or raiding then farming components. Can I buy these things on the broker?
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

They are not tradeable but commisionable so no you cant buy them of broker.
    As for the drop rate , i find the lesser/superiors common drops from mission quests in POP
    Kayas likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Kayas, I hate paying to win, however, for many it is the only way for them to play and have fun. There were those who would level EQ1 toons to Ebay so that someone could have a max level toon without the work since they didn't have the time to do that IRL. I hope you do get what you want done. After all, you are not cheating, you are taking advantage of what is being offered. Its not you I blame, but SoE/DBG for offering it.

Good luck, sir!
    Kayas likes this.
  7. Kayas Member

Are these same items needed for ascension spells? This is going to get expensive fast.
  8. Kayas Member

I got lucky and a superior dropped as a reward for killing some raid bosses last night. Can I go straight to master or do I need to scribe each tier?
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yup and that is the reason they were added.

For ascension spells you cannot go from Apprentice to Master if you have to have the recipe/scroll, you would need to upgrade them incrementally and go through each tier.

The drop rate on scrolls is laughable and the time taken to get them upgraded like this makes little or no sense. Enter pay to win.
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. semisus Does not play this game

No on epic spells you have to scribe each tier.
  11. Drona Well-Known Member

I take it that you only see these shards drop in PoP weeklies after you have completed the epic 2.0 quest? In two months play, I have never seen these shards but I only completed the epic 2 couple of days ago.