SK and Dirge

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-MXGinge, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

Dirge is one of the greatest classes i have ever played, they are fun and versatile. but with being a jack of all trades they are also the master of none. there is a class out there that can take one of a dirges many talents and beat them with maybe the exception of enhancing the dps of a melee group. right now i have a 71 dirge who i really enjoy playing but its starting to be the same thing and i am curious getting close to 120 aa and higher in T8 does the dirge change much on any stand?
    also im curious how does a dirges damage output as far as raw power and dps compare to that of a Shadowknight?
    how much does DW increase our dps over sword and board? even if DWing is it worth it to spec 4 4 4 8 in the sta line? or is using a shield and specing 4 4 8 8 better
    Mind you this is taking solo, grouping and PVP into consideration. aswell as raiding but mainly the first three.

thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

Hmm well i can hopefully answer a few questions for you but i do nothing about PVP. Sword and board I must admit I am not a fan of. MY dps is generally considerably higher (have no numbers to provide) especially while dual wielding 2 solid weapons such as my epic and my current offhand betrayels song.I recently convinced a fellow dirge who always did sword and board to switch to DW and he refuses to go back. However we both carry a shield around as it can be useful in certain situations.

It is deffinatly worth taking the sta line 4,4,4,8 without using a shield once you reach 170 aas you can begin adding to your fortissimo 5 aas will give you 5 more DA for a total of 15 DA on fortissimo and once you have BC giving one of your group mates an extra 15 is awesome and you local brig will ty for it.
    As far as my dps is compared to an sk i would generally have to say against a similar geard sk the sk generally does abit better because of my beefing him up.
    Im not sure how much raiding you do now but if you have little experiance in it and have been a solo dirge most of your life the raiding life is quite differant. You will now have a full time job of debuffing with about all 8 of your debuffs and keeping them on always, Gravitasing the healers, Chime of blades on your group as soon as it refreshes and always rezzing (maybe thats just me and my guild though). Oh and don't forget the occasional save by speech of sac.
  3. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

i guess my main issue... is that i like to feel effective as in kill the mob and see my direct results. i dont need to parse number 1 but i want to make the parse without busting my @$$.

4 years ago i rolled dirge, fell in love got him to 48 before my friends and i stopped playing, we came back maybe a year ago? and to a pvp server which was a good decision, with all the new aa the game has been revived for us. and i now have my dirge again and he is 71 and my guild is just starting to raid and im trying to p ush for more raiding. however im also starting to fall out of love with my dirge and not really in love with anything else but very lustful of the sk because in pvp they demolish everything and seem to be very powerful (see direct results)

can anyone help me fall in love with my dirge again i wanna stay on him if possible.
  4. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

If you want to make the parse in a raid as a dirge you will have to work for it.

then again....is raiding fun when you let others do the work?
  5. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

the way i look at it is if the hightest parser in the raid is begging to have you in his group. Dps doesnt mean much as a utility class. Rule numero uno is where you lack in dps. make up twice as well in someone elses.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mentin Guest

Successful raiding is about everyone working hard to push their dps up. If you slack, the raid suffers. 1k extra dps is 1k extra dps wether your total contribution is 2k or 4k.
    You should not look too blindly at SK dps. Sony has not yet given up on the fighter revamp, and part of that WILL be a significant reduction to the tanks dps. Aeralik even said in a post recently he was considering reducing the dps of some tanks before the actual fighter revamp.
  7. ARCHIVED-peepshow Guest

Mentin wrote:
    And they need to, SK's can do 10k damage while tanking ??? !!!
    Seriously need to fix that, cause its just way to OP..
  8. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Scipius@Splitpaw wrote:
    /yawn at randon numbers from random people with random circomstances.

Dirges can do > 13K dps while using all their utility (this statement is as useless as yours is)