Sirens Grotto:Tavalan Abyss

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiarrah, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have tried running this (120) twice now and neither time has the shell dropped to open the way for entering the abyss. Do I need to mentor down to get it or is it bugged right now?
    Have also done Temple of V'uul with same result. The Queen left before I could kill her. I am looking for the Brutes Gi.
    Anyway. . how do I get that stupid shell. And if I mistakenly got rid of it . . in the past cause I have run it before . . how do I get it back?? HELP!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need to be chronomentored down to around 100 for loot to drop in both zones. I run the Sirens Grotto and Citadel of V'uul raid zones on the regular to farm for gis. The monk and bruiser gis are chosen among all 6 fighter classes from an armor case that drops off the Queen at the end.
    WhysperWynde and Beee like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Sadly it's almost the only way to get equiplent with 2 white slots for harvesting/crafter gear
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Hmm . . Maybe ai should go in there with something other than my Warlock. If I go down to 100 in V'uul I'll never survive. (I am not the best equipped Warlock. More decorator than adventurer.) I will try it at 110 and see. Bit the other chests dropped for me. I got the wrist,feet and gloves. Then I went into the next one and killed something out of order and got nothing after that.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Citadel of V'uul became trivialized for me as soon as I picked up the free gear in the Plane of Magic, and especially with the Myrist gear. I know that warlocks have spells that are designed to do far more damage than a monk's Dragonfire does per tick, so it shouldn't be any issue for you to AOE or single-nuke everything in the zone. The enemies are all level 97 or 98 at most, so you would need to mentor to 105 for them to still be green (and thus still drop loot). My Zel'Kriaz inquisitor merc can solo the names and keep me healed if she has to.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

You can harvest for Gi's? You mean like the one piece costumes that monks often wear? Cool! And good to know that you should be Level 100 since the mobs are Level 97 & 98 and will show green to you and drop items. Very good to know. Is that about the normal ratio or # of levels you should be above the mobs for them to show green and still drop items? Good info here!
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Please visit Ouka's Mara Estate in Qeynos on the Maj'Dul server. I own *almost* every gi in the game that has a unique art asset and I've been working on documenting exactly how to obtain them. The only ones I don't have are ones that can no longer be obtained, and three that have extremely insanely abysmal drop rates. Level range doesn't factor into your chances of obtaining certain loot. As long as it still cons green or higher, it'll drop.
    Breanna and Daryx like this.