Siren's Grotto: Dissension

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Errrorr, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kander Developer

It sounds like Barren Sky's harddrive failed over the weekend. I am sure they are working feverishly on it's repair.

I have no way of verifying who has the item on your server I am afraid. Contact CS and have them contact me?
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

Any word on the status of lag?
  3. Kander Developer

Are you experiencing it now?
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

We are getting serious lag while being in dreadcutter right this minute. Ever since about 1 hour ago actually.

EDIT: getting reports of lag on EQ1 right now as well if that matters.
  5. Kander Developer

Alerting Net-Engineering now. Thanks.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't respond, I didn't expect a response in less than a minute! We're about to start raids, and we haven't had a raid without it, so I'm sure if you want more with specific characters we can give it to you.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

We're about to do more dreadcutter if you or someone else want to keep an eye it
  8. slippery Well-Known Member

Drumstixx, Oreozi, and Maergoth all pretty bad right now.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

It seems to be related in some way to the login server (which makes sense since likely all soe games). It isn't so much restarting the client that fixes it, but zoning. Within a client I'll be fine (in Sirens), zone and not be fine (call to home to reforge in freeport), then be fine (cov back to Sirens), then not be fine (zone out, reset, zone in).
  10. Karagon Active Member

The problem is - our CS isn't working as expected... I'll tell him to try a few more times to contact them, but for 1st time they didn't respond and did just nothing to help.
    Here is his page on eq2wire. Maybe that can help? http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1335735457175
  11. Kander Developer

I dont suppose you could tell me what the item is called in Russian? A paid of ancient gold flecked rubies? lol
  12. Kander Developer

Ok, I will pass this info on. Thank you.
  13. slippery Well-Known Member

If anything last night was the worst. Other days it wouldn't really be that evident until you hit combat (usually) but last night it was evident as soon as you zoned in. Instant chat lag, couldn't hail npc's, combat bad, etc.
  14. Kander Developer

Yes, last night was pretty bad. They are definitely aware and working on it.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, I think it's been more than just Siren's though it was unbearable for us last night. We could not work with the Eel mob due to tank's just freezing up for 5-10 seconds at a time. Our MT lagged out for almost 30 seconds once.
  16. Kander Developer

Should be taken care of. Tell Мендоза I send gifts. ;) ендоза
  17. Karagon Active Member

Yeah, he got it. Big thanks to you :)
  18. Kander Developer

Lag Update:

At 2 am today our service provider made changes to their network to help with this issue. SOE will also be re-configuring some of our hardware to best take advantage of their changes at 6 am on Thursday (7/18). Please keep updating the lag thread below with network lag issues the more data we have the better. If you can include a traceroute that would be even better.

Thanks guys, we are working on it as fast as we can!

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/raids-and-spell-lag.3345/page-15#post-5943359
  19. Kander Developer

We have more changes and optimizations coming tomorrow morning. We’re also adding a bunch of new monitoring. We are no where near done with this, hopefully we can greatly improve the generic lag in the process.
    Gash, Twyxx and Neiloch like this.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

something I notice on HM Talan, the lightning goes out to 2 random people, and you have a few sec to get away before it spreads. but it seems that it's possible for the lightning to strike the same person twice. which makes the lightning spread in a split sec