Siren's Grotto: Dissension

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Errrorr, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Elhai Member

I have water cooling mainly because we found them at a good price and my husband is overclocking his but he bought me one anyway. As his is overclocked, he gets some random blue screens/freezes/shutdowns, and I don't so I told him not to bother overclocking mine. If that'll really help with the fps, I'll ask him to do it for me (I know a good bit about computers, but the one time I tried to overclock my system, I screwed it up, so I leave it to the man).

My graphics settings are not nearly maxed, shadows are off, flora and bloom is off, and particles are at a minimum.
  2. Davito Active Member

It absolutely does help with game performace. But if he is getting bluescreens and stuff it means his system isn't stable after doing it. In other words if he overclocked it and just left it without testing, he doesn't know what he is doing, and I wouldn't let him touch my computer either.

On a more important note, we all know the type of lag referred to in this thread and shown on streams is simply not personal system issues. It's on the SoE side. So let's try to be helpful and figure out why, instead of this type of nonsense above ^^^.
    Kraeref likes this.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I will be so much happier when people finally realize 'lag' has nothing to do with low frame rate or 'skipping' which is actually 'hitching.' When people properly use 'lag' that's short for 'time lag.' The way people use the term 'lag' now may as be replaced with 'bad performance' for any aspect of it since its used so vaguely. "I was playing the game and ran into some bad performance." "When ever I log in I get bad performance."
    Kraeref likes this.
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

^This. It's actually your help on support forums got me to think about getting a new rig built (performance issues). Thank you again:)
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

Tonight, start out lagging like mad, tracert normal. Restart client, and I'm fine, while others keep getting the lag. It's a game of restart the client until you get one that doesn't lag
  6. Mathrim Active Member

Tonight started out perfectly fine in PoW with no lag whatsoever. We finished out PoW and moved to HE and I got severe lag starting at Bastion. Was getting 5 to 6 second button lag while my wife sitting beside me was getting none. I played through it for about 10 minutes then got fed up and restarted my client and the lag was gone throughout the rest of the zone.

There is either something happening locally at the client side that is bugging/memory leaking/etc the client or there is some sort of port/node issue on the SOE/Backbone causing the issue.

I would be willing to bet its a port/node issue on the SOE/Backbone end and restarting the client over and over just connects you to different port.
    Neiloch and Ranga like this.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

This lag is extremely scatter shot. What Mathrim said sounds like its right on the money. We spent about half our raid time waiting for people to relog and get a connection that doesn't have 4~ second lag.
  8. Jezes Active Member

Psyllonn 'Ris is dreadfully boring as a priest.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

For Psyllon'Ris the pathing needs to be looked at, the add that comes from the west has the absolute worst pathing ever. The phoenix should spawn on the person that has to kill it. Losing a bunch of time you have to kill it because the pathing is horrible is just bad.

The hp buff from the mythical stamina should really be lower. 25 minute fight for first kill without failing the phoenix is a little on the rough side. I'm sure we can get it down to 20 in a kill or two, but still pretty long.

Also, I really hope the hat thing is 100% drop. You're still looking at 4 months, and you still have had to do all the other hat stuff.
  10. Ainaree Well-Known Member

It was pretty crushing that the hats that had updated globally from the past two kills were bottle-necked down to a tiny few drops, possibly less than one in each successive kill. We were all advancing as a team each victory and then the rug was pulled out from beneath our feet.

It's very strange that this fight requires a completely different raid composition than the two before it, making it non-viable for some classes. But I'm just saying this because I was a priest and had really nothing at all to do. I'm glad I wasn't second templar or anything because then I wouldn't have had any buttons to press.
  11. slippery Well-Known Member

Also, the Artifact gem doesn't work for the hat
  12. Mathrim Active Member

Posting this here in case people aren't reading both of the current threads about lag.

Doing some tracert comparisons on dropped responses from the other thread led me to some googling which brings up this.

https://forums.station.sony.com/wo/index.php?forums/support-performance-network-issues.11/

Wizardry Online people seeing the same thing.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/unbelievable.161623/

DC Universe people seeing the same thing.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-other-problems-crap-flying-everywhere.87669/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-fps-lag-since-update.140191/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nasty-server-lag-on-connery.138892/

Planetside 2 people seeing the same thing.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dragonsprophet/index.php?threads/laaaaaaag-g.3580/

Dragon's Prophet people seeing the same thing.

This doesn't look to be just an EQ2 issue. It looks like it's SOE wide.
  13. StaticLex Active Member

Now that is really funny.

I'm using a 3570K chip overclocked to 4.3 ghz air cooled and it's nowhere near overheating.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

"You guys did say you pulled already right?" - line in ventrilo tonight from someone severely lagging
  15. Karagon Active Member

That thing isn't 100% drop... :( We got only artifact one on our FK... And it's samely bugged, helm doesn't upgrade.
    Hope it's at least 50% drop chance - not like myth cloacks...
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Or like Drinal's Necklace? I still have yet to see one drop on our Server (Guk when I was on it and Permafrost now)
  17. Chronus Active Member

Not having it as a 100% drop seems a bit weird to me. If you have a relatively small roster of 30 and can kill it twice a week consitently it would still take 3 and a half months for everybody to get their helms. If the drop chance is anything like the mythical cloaks then we could be seeing another zone last for over a year.
  18. Karagon Active Member

At least in this zone you don't have to kill trash and easy mode nameds, great idea! :)
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Kander Developer

So they will be a 100% drop tomorrow after the patch. Karagon, who got the bugged ruby? I will fix that for them. I just need their info.

The bugged out artifact ruby has been removed and the regular one will be 100% drop rate with a small chance at a second.
    Chronus likes this.
  20. Karagon Active Member

His character name is Мендоза (russian language). Dunno can you find his character using it or not...
    Can't even give you a link to eq2wire character, because his info on eq2wire is locked atm and he can't change it, our server Barren Sky isn't working for last 3 days... zoning is like 15+ minutes, server crashes each hour, etc.. Btw mb you somehow can help with that?))) Our technical support seems not working too lol...