Sins next to useless

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Zorennon, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Zorennon Member

Last xpack it took a long while to get the sin up to a decent parsing toon by no means close to the ranger but fair enough to be able to put a little pride in your work. BUT Now it is back to being useless parsing just above healers most of the time although most encounters are multiple and the sin is a 1 target burst damage toon it look and feels like it is not even there. My sin was created in 2005 and has raided with many a guild I even remember when it was a needed dpser but not now that is all gone . My question is will it ever become the flavor of the day again or should i just park him . what ya think all
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

I don't really think sins are useless. Some classes have far too much passive dps and others have obviously broken op abilities. If you're comparing your efforts and parses against them it may seem that way to you. But when these things are corrected I think sins will be about where they should be.

It's quick and easy to betray, maybe try out ranger for a while.
  3. Bord Active Member

With the FF boost, sins aren't doing that bad this xpack. They're still about 20% behind rangers and conjys, but that's better than a year ago.

If your parsing just above healers, or even just double them, you should seek out advise from a good assassin instead of complaining they're useless.

The certainly could use a boost, but faaaaar from useless
  4. Sowy Active Member

What's your doublecast Zorennon? and yes it matters for scouts
  5. Zorennon Member

Starting at the double cast question it is 145. I will also admit I haven't done much work on my AAs this xpack. My statement "just above the healers" was out of frustration . I used to be in the top 5 on a raiding parse now i am lucky to be in the top 8 being soundly beat by rangers congys necros beast lords and (sniffle) a swashy. I am in a group where i don't get many buffs but think i should be better even with out them. All my stats are fair to middlin all spells expert and above have T2 resolve but no matter how i do things just not getting the parse i think i should not close to it .
    Vulnere likes this.
  6. Ahmassar Active Member

I have no problem at all parsing well on my Assassin atm. Ofc all is relative, if I'm grping with the server's top raiding guild conjy or ranger, they will out dps me, but not by that much and it's mostly due to potency I think. My toon is from 2005 as well and it's the one I know absolutely best and enjoy the most so that's a big factor too.
    Without knowing your toon Zor, try finding small tweaks in increasing your DC and potency as much as you can, e.g. I started using the Ghiosk green neck stone again as it has the most DC of all neck adorns right now.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Our sin parses pretty damn well. Far above our ranger. Could be a gear discrepancy though, but his FFUs are hitting for like 200 billion consistently, seen some 5-7 bill parses on current parses.
  8. Zorennon Member

Well I have some cool info the raid went back to last xpacks to get the kly for some My parse was back up to where it was before even beat the ranger - I got excited for a moment - we went back to POV to do a t1 zone - nothing else changed same groups same everything my parse went from second/third to 8th now i will be scratching my head on that for a while - any idea where i should be tweaking for that issue..
  9. Elkana Active Member

My assassin parses very competitively stat for stat with rangers, and mages also. However, I do find that I have a DRASTIC reduction when it comes to named fights in raid zones. My DC is on par with our mages, and while they have zero drop off from trash to names my parse is nearly halved.
    This however is not a complaint. I love the assassin right now as much as I loved him when I created him in November 2004.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I would highly suspect Potency is the difference here, with potency mitigation in the expac.

If going back to Kly, you had 60k Pot, the ranger has 65k, then the difference is minimal (8%). Where as if you go to a T1 raid zone, where 52k of your potency is mitigated, it's effectively 8k vs 13k. The difference then ramps up to 62%.

I'd suspect its very possible the swings of DPS people are seeing are related to the above. (I am in no way saying Assassins are not in a worse spot than Rangers, but the huge differences people are seeing vs others may be accounted for a bit).
    Azian likes this.
  11. Billzbub Active Member

Where can I learn more about the potency mitigation that you speak of?
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Sadly there is no real info on it, other than confirmation from Devs that it exists, and player testing to gather the basic numbers.

Number testing from Entropy to get rough idea on values;
    [IMG]

If you'd like to test yourself, drop your potency down to below 30k and go try overland nameds.
    Billzbub likes this.
  13. Sowy Active Member

Z - "Starting at the double cast question it is 145. I will also admit I haven't done much work on my AAs this xpack. My statement "just above the healers" was out of frustration ."

This means you have only 45% DC on T1 PoP raids. It'll cripple your ascension DPS. Note, Combo's DC so a failed DC on a combo is actually 2 less strikes!

You can get to 200 fairly easily although the last piece involves getting either hte neck from Fallen Gate (Glowing Black Stone) or the collection neck.

Rest is: 3xproving grounds DC adorn
    good DC belt/cloak(weekly cloak works)
    1100 casting speed
    tome of the ascended
    3 DC green adornments
  14. Sowy Active Member

few follow up questions:

1) Is this what Combat Mitigation is actually doing to the damage? (aka potency mit) ?
    2) Doesn't this also mean that depending on the potency mitigation of the mob, it might be better to have 2k potency over 10 fervor for example (whereas at 70k potency, the fervor would be better?)
  15. Nkito Well-Known Member

Combat mit is separate from this but yes, it drastically changes the value of potency in pop. It will fluctuate rapidly depending where you sit on the scale vs what tier you're fighting but for most of us the value is much higher than 2000 pot vs 10 fervor.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

1) Combat Mitigation is a different stat to Potency Mitigation.
    2) Yep, it drastically changes the value of Potency vs other stats depending on what you are fighting.
  17. Vulnere Active Member

I liked your post for " (sniffle) a swashy". That was hilarious.
    of course that only goes to show how far swashies have fallen..
    one being present used to be mandatory. Now they are even below
    illusionists, and that says something.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

I guess defending my guild is bragging now... also we haven't even been pulling T2 lol, we're backflagging alts right now.
  19. Bolbir Active Member

Sadly there is realy no skills required to do dps anymore. Its just all about potency - doublecast - ascension and abit of fervor proc luck.
    Any class can be nr1 in the parse.
  20. Azian Well-Known Member

I've known too many players of equal gear but with vastly different dps outputs to be able to agree with you. You build the foundation with potency, DC, fervor and the like but the individual player putting them together properly makes all the difference in the world. Oh, for what it's worth, 20 second heroic encounters don't count.