Sinking npcs rampant

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cloudrat, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...I haven't analyzed the sinkings myself, but I have to wonder if that were the case on mine...obviously, it would've been for the griffin tamers and the gal on the Nek docks at the end of NotD for the title, but I'd have to wrack my brains to recall if the sick guy on the Nek docks for the Hedge Hollow quest had a red book or just a feather... :-/

Uwk
  2. Taemisa Active Member

The guy on the Nek docks was notorious for sinking through the dock. And it was when you returned to him after speaking to the shaman(?) at the end of the beach that he would do his sinking act.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

We have a winner. When the book icon gets put on the NPC, the NPC re-thunks and does so incorrectly. Trying to think of a quest I can do to show the re-thunk when the book icon gets put on...
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What about the dwarf Captain, don't you have to come back to him more than once? Been way too long since I did that quest...

Uwk
  5. Zoltaroth Developer

Have you guys noticed any correlation between PC speed and how often this happens?
  6. Drunk Ninja Monkies Member

No effect whatsoever between my fastest (which averages 60fps on maximized settings) and my slowest (which is lucky to hit 20 at much, much lower settings). So no, it's not our computers.
  7. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Nope. I ran the fishbone earring Saturday on the AB server and there was one step where the NPC dropped below the dock when it was time for me to do the turn in.
    Quest: Haddens Earring
    NPC: Kerath McMarrin in The Thundering Steppes ( -467, -18, -447 )
    The step where he dropped below: find and kill Hrath T'vol completed and upon returning to turn in to Kerath, he was below the dock underwater.
    It's only certain NPC's, only on certain quest steps. Repeated across many players in many locations. Mostly when they're on elevated platforms of some type. EDIT: Kerath was in place for every other step, even the final turn in
  8. Drunk Ninja Monkies Member

Been working on Shadowknight epic today and happened to be in Kunzar getting Jinisk faction. Every NPC on quest turn-in is partially sunk into the ground so far. This is on Freeport server. On an earlier quest in Fens of Nasher for the Sathirian language series, Sethis was on the ground by the river well under the bridge where he would normally be located.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

Red book for me.
  10. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Red book for me as well. He did the sinking thing almost every time too.
  11. Jasym Member

In the last week or so, I've also been seeing my conjy pet "sink" while in combat and some of the mobs sink, also while in combat. Usually it's on high ground like the sinking quest NPCs. For instance (but many other spots too), on the platform/pool area in the Garden of Eruden in Sundred HIghlands. It's raised there.

What I've noticed is that the sinking appears to be random, but where the sinking occurs seems to be consistently in a raised area, like a dock, or platform or such.

When it happens to my pet, I usually just summon him back to me and it fixes it, and moving the mob out of the raised area also seems fix it most of the time.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

This happens all the time. The guy you have to speak to in Jarsath Wastes on the boat before going into WE or WC for the signature quest always does it, and I've had it happen to me on a few other NPCs who are on docks, etc. I just /target them by name, hail them and they pop back up.
  13. Alethus Member

I have had it happen with the gnome you need to talk to in Steamfont for the fury epic quest too. same solution, /target then hail and he positions. also it may be related but no feather over head is the raven in Thundering steps for the prequel quest to CoE.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Captain R.K. Irontoe just dropped on me when I was ready to turn in In Honor and Service. Just how heavy are those red books we're dropping on top of the NPCs?
    Alenna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete's Li'l Ones New Member

Ah, Alenna, my big boy Uwk informs me it's been happening since he was playing on dial-up, back when desktops were run on stone knives and bear skins. Back then, the tech support folks were jerks and only told him it had to be something wrong with his computer, that it was his fault, and here's all the things he had to do to fix it. Whether he tried following their advice or did none of it, nothing would change until the problem would mysteriously "go away" within a few months. :-/

He mainly encountered it when the targets were over empty spaces, yes, like the griffon tower tamers in TS and Nek, but those quests were timed...most annoying. :-/

ULO