Sinking npcs rampant

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cloudrat, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

There seems to be more and more sinking npcs. I had thought it had to do with zoning but, today I got a quest to deliver a package to an npc on a platform who was mia when I got there and I had to /target her and hail to get her to pop back to her platform and then when I returned the original questgiver was gone and required another /target hail. The quest was Kelethin: Basic Biodiversity to deliver package to emerald lake and return.

Is anything being done toward fixing sinking npcs?
  2. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I had this happen when running the Snowfang Gnoll tradeskill quests in Great Divide. Like you said it required a /tar npc and hail to get them to pop up out of the ground. Thought it was a fluke, but apparently not. :(
  3. Eradani Well-Known Member

i've had this happen before and the 2 i remember were the HQ guy in Ardent Needle (above water) and the oomba guy on TG docks.

i'm not sure if it's related to the water or the fact that they're raised above the ground. how do everyone else's vanished npc's fit this rule?

as far as zoning goes: it's been my experience that zoning, or relogging, brings the npc back again.
  4. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Hmmm. The snowfang gnolls in Great Divide are near water, standing on a huge chunk of ice. I remember people saying the Erollisi Day promoter for Gorowyn went missing in the water there. May possibly be related.
  5. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Another instance that happened (on AB server 2 days ago). At the end of In Honor and Service, when you go to Captain R.K. Irontoe in Kelethin for the final turn in. He's almost always missing. Again the solution is to /tar Captain and hit H to hail and he pops back to his proper place. Every previous visit before this step of the quest, he is in place properly. Just something about the last update step that makes him drop...
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

it has been happening since last years Nights of the Dead on live servers. and yes I reported it numerous times and had to use the /tar to get it to work unfortunately during erolissi day it that work around did not work for the erolissi npc in gorowyn.
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

is Captain R.K. Irontoe still up by the broker? not above water but just raised.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

That's where he should be... on the platform next to the broker.
  9. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

This is happening all over Norrath, not just holiday npcs. I see people reporting it over and over in every zone in the game . WHo if anyone is handling this or does it just not matter anymore ? Are we eliminating questing from the game too?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

McScroogle in Frostfell Village did it to me every single time I was ready to turn in his quest on my old comp, but when I got the new one for Christmas it stopped. Master Rysian Gladewalker in Elddar Grove has done it to every single scout character I've taken through the Qeynos scout line, though I haven't sent anyone to him since I got the new comp. Friend of mine had it happen with Captain R.K. Irontoe while working on In Honor and Service - funny part with that one was I was running it at the same time and had no issue.

All the instances I've seen or heard of happen when advancing a quest step - the NPC is right where they are supposed to be when getting the quest, but if they have a red book over their head, that is when they sink. I have no idea why that would be the case, but it does seem to be related.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  11. Bayfia Member

I can report that the two quest NPCs who stand on the stone platform together at Dreg's Landing, in Kylong Plains, also disappear when they're supposed to respawn with the book on their heads for the final quest turn in. Discovered that this week.
  12. Mophia Active Member

I've had it happen multiple times on the new Brewday quest guy in EL, both on test and on Unrest, and seen a few others as well. A log out and back in also fixes the problem, esp when he has totally disappeared, so can't /tar either, which is the case on my guy.

This prob appears to be getting a lot worse, it's even happed on the Steinsister in BBM, and she's on solid ground!!!!!!
  13. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Another that's (in)famous for this is:
    Hroar Kalacious
    Location Kunzar's Edge ( -1374, 36, 515 )
    The guy on top of the tower for the final step of the crafting sokokar quest.
    Feara likes this.
  14. Zoltaroth Developer

When you guys hail them to make them appear do they appear for everyone or just you?
  15. Zoltaroth Developer

Does this get worse on flying mounts? Ground mounts? Does how fast you are moving effect it at all? If you move out of range and back in again (100m out and back) do they pop in?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

Yes, I reported this twice. It's weird, he appears to be at the bottom of the tower until your just a few feet away from him, then he disappears. I rezone and he is at the top where he should be. I still have 5 more toons to run through this, hope its fixed soon.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

It seems to happen more often AFTER I have finished a quest and am going to turn it in. And when I am in the zone for a little bit before I talk to the NPC. But it does happen a lot with particular NPCs. The halfling in Antonica that gives you the pepper quest does it a lot now. You enter and see her on the bottom floor quite a bit now. Click on her and she pops back to her proper spot. Problem is, sometimes where an NPC sinks is not a place you can click on them.

The banker and broker in the new area, they do it a lot.

---------------------------------

Usually the only way to get NPCs to pop back to their proper spot is to click on them. Or zone out and in/ log out and in.
  18. Zoltaroth Developer

Do you use a pre-set performance profile? For example I can see Hroar from the sokokar landing area on top of the tower already - is this the case for you?
  19. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmm. It usually says custom. I tend to use the 1920x1080 60HZ. That might be a default setting though, as I don't remember doing any setting changes on the account I am playing at this moment and that is what I see for the settings. If it helps, I usually play in window mode, as I like to check the forums when my characters are on travel mounts and such. Or when playing 2 accounts at the same time.

That NPC for the new Brell quest in the tavern at the EL dock. I can talk to him fine the first time. But after finishing the quest and riding the travel horse back, he is either sunk under the building or sinks down as I enter the building. So when he is actually where he should be, I just talk to him through the doorway.
  20. Zoltaroth Developer

I am doing about the same on live this morning. I have run to him 10 times or so (bell then sokokar) and he always is showing correctly for me. :(