Silver membership

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dartcron, Jul 26, 2015.

1. dartcron New Member

I reviewed the current membership matrix, and I think Daybreak games is very reasonable, but I think they should change silver membership and bring it back for sale simply because I don't think its fair for new players to be unable to use global chat, In all seriousness how are you suppose to find a guild, friends or a party? Even when you do have access to global chat you are not guaranteed to find these things.

But I get it, you need to start charging players to use the broker, and I feel those prices are very very reasonable. .05 cents to buy/sell on the broker is extremely reasonable, before it was .50 cents, but you could purchase silver for $5 which has unlimited buying power on the broker. So basically a player can spend $5 for 100 broker transactions, and use that to upgrade spells and stuff as they level.

So what i think is they should change Silver membership to only having access to chat channels and bring it back for sale. Its just hard to convince new players to play this game when it looks to be so rigged.

what do you think?
    Berserkerkitten and Feldon like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

I think it's obvious and no coincidence that Sony Japan sold off SOE to an investment firm and SOE discontinued silver memberships within months of each other. Clearly most people found playing free as grandfathered silvers so worthwhile that they didn't pay SOE, helping to lead to SOE's demise and Daybreak's subsequent layoff losses of 40% of its personnel.

Be happy there's even Bronze here. Games like Final Fantasy XIV, Eve Online and WoW don't let you play almost to cap for free.
    Spindle likes this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Silver memberships were discontinued before the sale to the new owners.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

I know, all I said is that they were within months of each other, which is true. :) Clearly SOE knew it was in major trouble and, after shuttering four of the other MMOs in its stable (Vanguard, Free Realms, Wizardry and that Star Wars kids' game) got rid of silver for a last-minute push for Bronzes to sub instead. It didn't prevent the sell off to Columbus Nova, but they were trying to make their books look better obviously.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Well, yeah - from a certain point of view. The elimination of silver happened late-April/early-May 2014, and the acquisition happened late-January/early-February 2015. So it was like 9 months.

If you are going to call that within months, you might as well go all the way down the rabbit hole and say that it was within weeks or within days - because those are equally as true. :rolleyes:
  6. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I don't want to pay a whole $15/month. But I want what those who do pay have and I expect you to give it to me because I want it.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound right. All my previously Silver accounts still are. What does your membership status say it is (bottom of right side on char page)?
  8. That guy. Well-Known Member

At character select?

Give me sec, I'll fire it up.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

When you're logged on to a character. I just logged one of mine on and ran a toon over to the broker (had 3s, and everything was too expensive to actually buy), the BUY button wasn't greyed out when I selected things.

Subscription Level: Silver.

Edit: When you display a character (paperdoll, armor, bags, etc. window) on the right below all the stats information is account information. Account age, subscription level, that sort of stuff.
  10. That guy. Well-Known Member

Oops, misunderstood. Let me log character in.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

When you hit C to opeen the character window, and then scroll to the bottom using the slider bar on the right, there is nothing under Miscellaneous?

Mine shows Deity, Bind Zone, Account Age and Subscription Level.
    That guy. likes this.
  12. That guy. Well-Known Member

Okay, I feel like an idiot now. Was using broker in house, went t actual broker and buy button is there and lit up.:p

Also, under character at bottom it says Silver, so guess I'm good. I hereby retract my previous rant.
    Katz, Livejazz, Seefar and 3 others like this.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

It honestly irks me that silver is grandfathered, but when my account for some unknown reason, went from all access to (shudder) ftp, I couldn't even use the broker to buy krono. 10 years of sub and no broker access! Damn you broker gods!

What I think is that ftp already get too much. If you want more, pay a sub.
    Livejazz likes this.
  14. That guy. Well-Known Member

You never once dropped sub before Silver was eliminated? I never bought the "silver" package itself, all you had to do was buy ANYTHING worth $5 or more from cash shop ( sub didn't count ).
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

Nope. It was some accounting 'thing'. I had to resubscribe to fix it. I was mortified lol.
  16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

What's an AH?

er, I mean in the context of EQ2. :D
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem right. All three of our all access accounts have been continuously subbed since before F2P and each of them has silver listed in their account features. All previous & current subbed accounts were grandfathered in when the game went full F2P.

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionDetails.action?gameCode=EQ2

I have no intention of letting subs lapse anytime soon, but I sure hope when I do silver is properly activated on them.

and to answer Wirewhisker, AH = auction house = broker
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

well that's exactly what happened. I ended up buying the krono with my other account and trading it. it irked me.
    I've had the account since 2006.
  19. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I know what it is. My post had a point.
    Kittybock likes this.
  20. That guy. Well-Known Member

If your account never lapsed until after they removed Silver, that's probably why. The system would have normally flagged you as Silver when you dropped to F2P, but since there was no longer any Silver to flag, it didn't.

I'd contact CS and see if they could fix that. You should have it.

I also call my characters "Toons". Oh, the humanity.
    Seefar and Charlice like this.