Silent Movies with Shanette - My New Hobby!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

So, with all this extra downtime I've had during this quarantine, I decided to finally try to jump back into doing something that I've missed very much, Video Tours, of course! Well upon attempting to do a couple of them I discovered 2 things... 1.) That my headset very badly needed upgraded. I did a couple of random ones to get started and the audio was...well let's just say it was not good. :eek: And 2.) All the excess external noise from various sources won't really allow for a decent touring experience atm. It would be incredibly difficult to edit around and unfair to the decorator whose home I happen to be touring. So, long story short, until I can record in more serene surroundings, with a decent headset, I will be doing some tours sans dialogue. I've decided to call my new venture "Silent Movies with Shanette." They won't be completely silent, as I am adding music, and will use some inserted text, but there won't be any dialogue for a while. (No one wants to hear my weirdness and nonsense anyway. :p) I did a few of my own homes as sample / practice houses (I also needed to reacquaint myself with my editing skills.) :D

I will be experimenting with some random tours over the next few days, and will be taking requests, if you decide you'd like a Silent Movie tour of your home, please feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to do so.

I realize the "silent" versions of tours won't be everyone's cup of tea, and most would prefer actual tours with genuine in-the-moment reactions, but if this is something you'd be interested in, please let me know!

I'm very excited to get back into showcasing others' wonderful homes and contributing to the community that has given me so much over the years.

~Spex / Shan

P.S. Below you can find the "practice" runs I did of my own homes, all edited with different styles, if anyone is interested.

The Harry Potter Experience

The Westeros Exhibit

Lakeshore Shopping District

Wonderland

Shanette's Showcase 2.0
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

I like the silent versions since hubby likes to talk to me when i decide to watch tour videos,i feel bad when i miss out on something said. Its why i like Oakys silent/quick vids of new items. Sounds like a good idea.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Good job Spex. Game of Thrones for the win :)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, I like your voice, Shan! But until you can get stuff fixed, I'm sure these'll be fine! :)

Great to have you back! :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Spextasy and elflover like this.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Added these to the mix, since they're the only ones completed of the Westeros Exhibit entries atm.

Kings Landing

Sunspear

Highgarden

Storms End

Thanks for all the encouraging words and support. I really appreciate it. So excited to get to do some touring again! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Afista Well-Known Member

I love your videos. It's great to still be able to see a lot of housing tours even when I can't be in game to view them. Thanks! <3
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Welcome back to videoing! Glad to have you back!

My mic has been broken for some reason. Had hubby try to fix it but it is very quiet. Think I have to buy new headset due to Little Miss Rose Bud chewing on cords.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Irk! Is there anything cats find nasty-tasting that humans could tolerate smelling? :-/

Uwk
    who wouldn't want to see li'l Rose get zapped by the electricity, either :-/
    Breanna likes this.