Silent City: The Delving Dead bugs

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

More bugs in this zone:
    • The final named sometimes casts 2 auras at a time and sometimes casts 1. If it's supposed to cast two (so you have to pick one to deal with and one to use your skill on) then the sometimes casting 1 is a bug; if its supposed to only cast 1 then the casting 2 is a bug.
    • Aura durations: If you use your buff immediately as a named puts its aura up, your buff will expire a second or so before the named's aura drops. The buff duration needs to be a few seconds longer.
    • The quest "Miner Details" does not seem to be repeatable: the monolith offers the option to "Find the glass vessels?" every time but clicking it does not offer the quest again.
    • The quest "Searching Blindly in the Dark" offered by the "Explore the Silent City?" option is repeatable but doesn't offer any reward beyond XP. Maybe not a bug, but kind of unusual if it's not.
    • The quests "Pry Out Your Dead" and "Replenished in the Name of..." offer a token reward, but for players that are like 86+ but do not have DoV there is no reward. The reward in this case should be an SF token (Mark of Manaar) in this case rather than nothing.
    • The reward for the collection "Shards of Amenaphas," which requires all 5 collections in the zone, is a paltry 2 platinum. There is zero point whatsoever to this collection as it is now: every single shinie is worth more than 2p (at least on AB, and I'd imagine on most servers). There needs to be some kind of reward on this collection... maybe a title and another house item. A title + the platinum would at least be a reasonable reward.
  2. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

I think the quests being repeatable without leaving the zone was nerfed because it was a bug. It was why the quests were disabled for a while in the first place.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Addint a tite or another house item to the final reward is ok 2 platinum is resonable though considering the coin rewards for other collection quests.
    The collection items are super inflated in value right now due the the newness, not rarity, just as in technology the early adopters pay a hefty premium. It will not be long before they are a few gold on the marketplace as the zone is easily soloable up to the last named, and I was almost able to solo it but after 2 hours trying I gave up and got an Inq to help me out.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Quests are repeatable every 15 hours.
    I will look at extending aura durations.
    Did you get the achievement and reward for completing the collections?
  5. ARCHIVED-Amise Guest

Kander wrote:
    I finished it two days ago and got two plat. No item reward and no achievement.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Amise wrote:
    I am working on a retroactive fix/reward. Should have it in this week or next.
    Anyone who hasnt completed all these collections may want to wait. Those who have I will put a away in so you can get the reward.
    For some reason it works on internal and test but not on live.
  7. ARCHIVED-Raviel Guest

is there any reason that the gear in this zone is on par to, or worse than othmir quested armor? dont get me wrong, the zones are fun, but aside from shiny harvesting theres no replayability to silent city or palace of sabaron

also jewelry from both zones have no resists, just like the jewelry from rare named spawns in other dungeons
  8. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Raviel wrote:
    The jewelry not having resists is a bug. Should be corrected soon I am told. Also an upgrade pass has happened and should also be this week.
  9. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

Great news about the master collection reward getting looked at. the shinies are going for up to 100plat on broker still, and then the 2 plat reward are humurous...sorta :)
    The loot is interesting, the lvl 60 - 80 is actually very useful, but the transition to current lvl 90 gear from similar difficulty zones didn't quite work out.
    One example coming to mind are the Charm items, i think i saw lvl 60, 70 and 80 versions for the different archtypes, and all have a decent proc. And the lvl 90 Charm has no proc.
    But i still enjoy these 2 zones, gotten a lot of fun out of them and i'm sure they will be a main source of gear for possible future alts while they level up.
  10. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

We wiped on the second named with a 60s necro/conjuror duo this weekend. I understand that you have to use the blue self buff to damage him while the blue aura is active? Do you know if this addresses pet damage as well? We wiped because we gave up after many minutes of not doing any damage (or having his health heal up to 100% once the aura kicked in).
  11. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Valentina@Butcherblock wrote:
    The blue aura heals the mob if you damage it without the blue buff.
    The read aura spawns some solo con adds if you damage the named without the red buff.
    The yellow aura dose a nasty power drain / stifle thing if you damage the named without the yellow buff.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Kander wrote:
    I didn't turn in the collections myself, a guildie saw the reward so I held off.
    Re the quests, the Miner Details one is not repeatable even days later. The option shows up to click it but it doesn't actually offer the quest again.
  13. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Thanks for the explanation of the auras... I was aware of what the blue aura meant/did, though I never made it to the latter named with the other auras.
    What I am unsure of is whether pets damaging the second named mob will heal the mob when the blue aura is up, or if pet damage is discounted for the purposes of this script. Given that we are tanking with a pet, and both group members are pet classes, it's pertinent. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Sorry, misread what you posted. Not sure on the pet damage... were you getting the red text about damaging the mob while the aura of A'suul was up? It might be a pet damage issue there.
  15. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Honestly, I cannot remember... we did see the text, and turned off our attack at the time, thinking it was just a 'don't attack while that aura is up' but kept the tank pet attacking (since it needed to retain aggro). I can't recall if the red text continued at that point or not.

Kander, can you confirm whether or not pet damage triggers the heals when he is under the aura? (If so, does the pet owner using the blue ability also grant their pet the flag that lets them do damage while the named has the aura up?)
  16. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Pet's should not trigger the heal/adds/damage. They should be able to attack without auras.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rose Guest

Kander wrote:
    Thank you for the confirmation. We'll try it again, and see how it goes. (The first named took us about 10 minutes to kill, so hopefully we can do this one as well, by using the buff as needed)
  18. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Rose wrote:
    ^^ This. :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Rose wrote:
    Acck, 10 minutes... What level was the zone scaled to? What caused it to take 10 minutes?
  20. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Kander wrote:
    Well, Rose and I are a duo, so we were doing it (at the minimum level... 60, I think?), with a necro and conjurer... the necro pet tanking, the necro healing/dpsing, and the conjurer/mage pet also dpsing.
    We ended up having to clear the entire area (with one or two deaths pulling the guard towers, since it was pretty much impossible to single pull them, and they tended to stifle me (the necro) on pull, which made it hard to heal the pet) before engaging the first named, due to the crazy knockbacks we encountered, but after that, it was just a long, albeit difficult (again due to the knockback) fight. :)