Signature Test

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-RetroUK, May 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Ruatha@Splitpaw wrote:
    [p] I like it! Short, sweet, and to the point. :) You can always play around to add shadows or glow effects or bevels, but that can come later.[/p][p]The only things I'd suggest:[/p][p]- Add a border to help box things in...a border just adds a nice finishing touch to tie things together. A thin red one would look nice![/p][p]- Take off that helmet and zoom in a bit so we can see your character's lovely face! ;)[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Laladini Guest

Thanks Sapphire!! Got it fixed now. 8) Any suggestions on what I should change, if anything?
  3. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Laladini wrote:
    I think you have a GREAT start here! The only thing I would really recommend taking another look at would be your font of choice and the effects you've done to the text (bevels and drop shadows).
    I think you're heading in the right direction, but the text is currently hard / very hard to read. The font is illegible at small sizes, and I can't even imagine what the first bit of the lower portion of text is meant to say. :-/
    Your name is readable, but the angle of the drop shadow means that your bevel highlights blend in with the light-colored background. Maybe use your drop shadow without any vertical or horizontal offset (a black glow around the text), or drop it to the other side of the text...this will help bring back the line that separates text from background.
    BEAUTIFUL background, BTW!
    Your character is nice and clean and sharp...she looks really great. :) The only thing better might be a close-up of her face along with the full-body shot, so we can see her face in detail and get a better idea of who Julez really is. ;) (For my headshots / busts, I usually try to fit in the portion of the character between the center bottom point of the collarbone to the top of the head. Sometimes the top can be chopped off a little; it depends on the character and the size of the sig. If they have nice hair, I try to keep from decapitating them, LOL.)
    All this is JMO...take it or leave it. ;-D
    Very nice work!
  4. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

[size="small"]Laladini, mah suggestion would be to add an enlarged head shot to the background, kinda mirroring the moon but on the left side, not sure how you would do it but make the head 'faded' like a ghost (ah'm sure someone like Seagoat would be able to better explain, ah hope :)) leave the body where it is/the way it is, but change the font of the name (as Seagoat said, it's very difficult to read and the text below is nigh impossible)[/size]
  5. ARCHIVED-kmuntz Guest

Testing my sig :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Kale27 Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Azuresky Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Revan117 Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Raven_Ancient Guest

Well thanks Seagoat for the positive feedback. I plan to add a border when I upsize it 500x150 might play a litte with effects and so on at the same time. Unfortunately for you all you won't get to see his lovely face :). I always tried to go for the Image of the Cavalier Knight in a roleplaying sense for my Paladin so he's like the dentist in the (Australian) Oral-B tv ads and you can't see his face. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

11. ARCHIVED-sampo Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

[p]Test[/p][p] [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Moriras Guest

Trying to show my 1rst signature
  14. ARCHIVED-Rinya2 Guest

[p]wonder why my sig isnt showing up all the way.. any suggestions?[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-vikingostby Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Kethaera Guest

Rinya, it's not showing up because it's too big. The limit for these forums is 500px by 150px, and the file size limit, I believe, is 150KB.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rinya2 Guest

[p]yeah, thats what i figured lol..[/p][p] thanks! :)[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Arkarius Guest

19. ARCHIVED-DCarter Guest

20. ARCHIVED-DCarter Guest