Shutting up that %&(&/ vulture

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Berserkerkitten, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Please, for the love of my sanity, is there any way to get that RoR vulture familiar to be quiet? It's my only celestial current expansion familiar and the strongest option I've got, but the incessant noise is so grating on my nerves, I started playing with the sound turned off.

I can't turn him invisible, there's no mute button for him, there doesn't seem to be an audio slider for pets in the options menu. He keeps screeching. ALL. THE. TIME. And he's entirely incompatible with every single other familiar in existence! I can't visually replace him with anything, so he just keeps making noise, getting stuck in mid-air and blocking my camera, he's the absolute worst and I hate him. Please make it stop.
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

If it's a familiar you can hide them. Right click on its body and there's a little icon that looks like a hood, it will make it invisible. If you want to show it again you can type /pet hide. This also works for non-combat pets like deity pets, etc. Combat pets can't be hidden though.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

If this works, I may upgrade my expansion.
  4. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Did it work?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Yep. Him, the peacock, anything that keeps bleating and screeching and flapping and yapping is invisible now. Peace, at last!
    Aterskia, Siren, Jaden and 3 others like this.
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Alternatively, you can type "/pet hide" to toggle all currently summoned pets. You just have to remember to have all pets summoned before you type this command because it really does toggle back and forth. Momentarily frustrated myself one time because I had forgotten that the pre-order peafowl pet had been hidden that way prior to my summoning the new vulture familiar.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, it's like a combo Ring of Invis/Inaudibility? :D

Uwk
    who had TTRPG GMs that were nice enough to do that... ;->
    Krednok likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I love that graphic for your signature; what was the scenario that it happened in? I don't recall a Lore item of "A Hairy Brown Leg" ... though not being able to have another leg would surely lead one to Sadness And Despair. :(

Uwk
  10. Aterskia Active Member

fer dem unlearned/OCC
    now if ONLY that "hide" feature worked on OTHER's familiars, cosmetic pets, fluff pets, pets -n- pets, etc, like we can hide everyone's mounts.
    THAT is my hope.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Two words....

Phoenix. Mount. X-P

Uwk
    who doesn't even like the stupid things flapping about while I'M riding one; too many tail feathers in my 3rd-person camera-man's face X-P
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.