Show off your Frostfell Trees!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Show off your Frostfell trees from past or present! I love seeing what everyone does with their trees. Here are some of mine from over the years. I hope everyone has a wonderful Frostfell this year!

Cheribomb's Design Portal Maj'Dul - I just finished this one today :)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Winter Haven Colonial Manor - Antonia Bayle
    [IMG]

Mistletoe Lane - Antonia Bayle
    This one is based on German Triangle Trees that my grandfather used to make by hand. The top part were fans and it turned the center tiers. It was magical to me and am so glad I was able to re-produce it in the game.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I'll be home for Frostfell - Stormhold
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Refined Designs Guild Hall - Antonia Bayle
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Gretel Well-Known Member

These are beautiful, and such perfect timing! I was just busy hating how the lights don't stay on on the in-game trees, and trying to think of something creative to do about it. I just need to see how I do with the item count in the house I'm working on, and maybe I can borrow a bit of inspiration from here. Thank you!
  3. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Thank you! Ugh yeah the lights not staying on is such a bummer which is why I did the two trees out of the Festive Pine Swags. Each of those trees is only made up of about 20 of them upside down. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Holy Bananas Cheri! Your work has never disappointed, and these trees are no exception. Your creativity is incredibly inspiring! I was just setting up a tree in a friend's house and was wondering how to make it look... better? Prettier? It just needed something. Now I have lots of ideas to steal... er, use!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's the best...when you can do an awesome effect with the least amount of items possible! :D

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  6. Gretel Well-Known Member

Thank YOU! :D I have 50 items left in my item count, and have maybe 15 more items left to put in the main rooms, plus a whole bedroom/bathroom left to do (minimally). Haha. Not sure I can squeeze in 20 for a tree, but maybe I could make something work with a pine tree and fewer swags ... will have to experiment later.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have a tree or two I'd like to show off but unfortunately, I cannot reveal them here as the owner of the house has not yet seen the tree(s). :D
  8. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Beautiful tress Cheri ! They are so lovely, cant even pick which one I like the most, all are so pretty !
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plural?! Wow! :)

Uwk
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

This one belongs to Febrimski - the house isn't currently published
    [IMG]
  11. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

12. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

13. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Bleh, have had a couple of drinks, am sick and can't figure out the reply to quote thing. Lol.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better! :D
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, amen! The same Creeping Crud whatever that's been going 'round? :(

Uwk
  16. Ealdian Well-Known Member

I tried to copy your festive pine swag tree and it didn't come out NEARLY as well. But you've inspired me! After the Santa House Swap is finished I will be working something up I think!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since I'm deep in the throes of my SSHHS project, I really can't take the time to delve into screenshots, DeviantArt.com posting of same, etc., but the main piece of art (imho) is my poor bowled over "artificial" (more portable that way) Frostfell tree in my Halls of Fate Snowy Dwelling at:

(FGW) No Escaping the Frostfell Blues
    (Freeport side; not sure if it's still Published; Niboota has a video of it at: http://evertour.livejournal.com/tag/fgw2016 [bottom of that page], even though she got the order of the house actor sequence wrong...love her anyway! :D)

I tried to cram as much stuff in there as possible, given that it's only a holiday cabin, and my guild leader buddy there helped immensely with the lighting. :D

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, finally! Whew! Still in the process of finishing up my last toons' Frostfell needs, but I finally took real screenshots of one of my Frostfell trees...granted, most of mine are pretty dull and staid, not much to them beyond the ordinary, but I do like this one (from the aforementioned (FGW) No Escaping the Frostfell Blues house):

[IMG]
    So much for the tree topper and parts of the dessert table... The tree itself is an "artificial" one, since this is only a holiday cabin, and most of the trees in the area were way too frickin' big to try to chop down and drag in. So they brought the various pieces with them on the ship (not pictured, but at the house, just visible off the docks).

Another view of the tipped tree and the scattered ornaments (and the barely missed Santug bag o' prezzies):
    [IMG]

Looking up toward the window on that side, we catch a glimpse of why:
    [IMG]
    There oughta be some kind of law about reckless materialization...

On the other hand, the pilot had failed his flying test twice, and only passed the third time with a 51%...
    [IMG]
    (thanks again, Jexi, for that brilliant design! :D)

More fun in the rest of the house! Come visit! :)

Uwk
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I WANT A TARDIS!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I didn't get a chance to make one this year so here's last years ;)

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.