show off your creative created item ideas 2!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tenchigirl15, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True. ;->

Uwk
  2. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

this is my very first animated ceiling fan made from [ tinkered fan blades (active) ] for my husband's acorn house I started decorating.

[IMG]

I try to make it look similar to this. :p

[IMG]

what ya think? :)
  3. suka Well-Known Member

I think it has a look all it's own and is prettier.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Valzen Well-Known Member

I think yours looks better! :D Cool job with that.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I think I recognize the Frostfell bauble idea I suggested for the fan pulls! :D

But you made it look so much better, all told... :)

Uwk
  6. suka Well-Known Member

i've been running my dungeons this weekend with my guild mates and remembered that i had made a number of creations for them. as i run them again, i'll get pics and post them. Meanwhile here are two i took tonight:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

this was in Lagnaippe. I am going now to do The Shadowkeep and will take a few pics from there.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

of all of the rooms in The Shadowkeep, two rooms seem to impress visitors the most. this is the first one:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

this is the second room:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

they also like this one - too bad the mobs won't stay upstairs though:

[IMG]
  8. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

o yea that's right, I forgot that you suggested that fan bauble pull idea. hehe! thanks Uwk! :p

thanks. :)

thank you. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  9. Valzen Well-Known Member

Everyone is so talented. Love seeing these threads. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  10. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Very inventive, what wonderful use of common items!!
  11. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Wow, so you just sank the Mannequins to the hilt. You know I just can't think of stuff like that. When I see something, I just see what it is, not what it could be made to be as part of something else. I admire all you inventors!!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same way; I get the occasional spasm of creative use of items, but mostly I just see something as its name and not much else. :oops:

Uwk
    Glenorian and Tierisch like this.
  13. Tierisch Well-Known Member

LOL and I want to copy all of those things that are shown here, but I feel bad "perjuring" someone else's work like that. So now to make up for my lack of imagination I will have to go to my bank/vault bags and pull out everything and stare at it for days to really "see" them and create something unique.
    After I have finally done that I can move on. Oh and Uwk, I saw you mentioning stairs in one of the posts. Oddly, I was just faced with stairs for high bookshelves, and was anticipating having to build them from planks. However, I finally decided in a modern age librarians would use magic carpets to get around ;) .
    [IMG]
    As you can tell she is excited to have found the book she was looking for. That's part of Deathbe's by the way, Uwk.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOW! Very cool! I'll have to visit again once you're done! :D

Uwk
    who seriously contemplates the Layout Editor simply for the sake of spiral staircases (on the other hand, what about the ladders on wheels the Victorian types used to have for their libraries...?) :-/
    Glenorian and suka like this.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

you are more than welcome to copy anything i do. if you have trouble doing one let me know. be glad to help
  16. suka Well-Known Member

i think i can make one. give me a few days - slow going and almost impossible one-handed. i like the hanging bookcases from barren sky, btw
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Copy away anything of mine you like. I take it as a compliment, and it's so cool to see someone borrow my idea and improve it!

All the designers I've met on the boards or in game are so nice, and readily share their knowledge. (Maybe we are all employed in teaching or service industry type professions?) Either way, I draw inspiration and ideas from every house posted in the homeshow, and usually will go back and try building the coffee pot/washing machine/staircase that was so cool, but I put my own spin on it, so the creativity evolves and flows from each of us. I love that, that we all have ideas to nourish the group of decorators, and we are all in turn inspired and nourished by our sharing if screen shots and how to's. It's all very healthy and supportive.
    Febrith, suka, Cynara and 1 other person like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

like this? wanted to use a carbonite roller on it but i couldn't make it go small enough

[IMG]
  19. suka Well-Known Member

yes and i see it as an art form. if i can get new people interested in exploring their creativity through this media by showing what i do, that makes me very happy
  20. suka Well-Known Member