Shout out to the folks who report spam

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Miroh, May 3, 2020.

1. Miroh Well-Known Member

Shout out to the folks who constantly report me for spam when I either just talk a lot in general or sell stuff in auction. Thanks to the Devs that allow spam reporting by anyone who doesn't like anyone.

Cheers!
    Jaeded and Melkior like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yeah, I spend a lot of time clicking Not Spam to try to get people out of purgatory. At this point I'd say that feature could be turned off. It's used more to grief people than because people are legit spamming. If the person is bothering you, that's what /ignore is for. No reason you need to make that decision for everyone else.
  3. Occam Well-Known Member

I agree people are sometimes too heavy-handed with the spam reports.

I also agree that there are certain people who are always at the center of debates/arguments/kerfuffles in general chat. Even if you /ignore these people your chat is often still flooded with the byplay they elicit, and it gets old really fast. I don't have a better solution, but there's at least one person on our server (not you, Miroh) who I'm not sad to see marked as spam. When a person's interactions are repeatedly such that they impact the entire server whether they're ignored or not, SOME other step should happen. If I feel that my only choices are to turn off general chat or log out, it's a clear indication this person is poisoning the community.

I have chimed in on a raging debate in general chat once or twice, but I've never been the cause nor have I continued on after I made a point. if you find you're repeatedly at the center of these things, perhaps it's time to reevaluate how you interact with people.
    Argosunited, Jaeded and Breanna like this.
  4. Jaeded Well-Known Member

We luv you Miroh!!
  5. Miroh Well-Known Member

<3 to you all!