Should we restrict F2P to generate more subscription revenue?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadRoberts Active Member

Ugh, please lock. :rolleyes:
    AOE1, Breanna, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

How many Krono this player does or does not have and whether this player bought them with cash or with in game plat is none of your business.

You need to stop slandering this player and return to the topic you started the thread for, thank you.
    Breanna, Wulfgyr and Albanara like this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Yes, I can make a new F2P thread (i.e. how Chienne-Guk made a 2nd shrink thread) if Dreamweaver desires.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

He came to my thread with vague arguments and had to defend myself. The problem is he has an interest (Krono market buyer/seller) in not instituting F2P restrictions. Obviously, I thought his in-game persona was more humorous <Miroh Took My Kronos> and took my rebuttal with American tongue-in-cheek. I accept responsibility for the cultural miscommunication.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

This is not true. You first referred to him as one of the great Krono hoarders on the second page of this thread. You couldn't even keep yourself on topic while replying to yourself by the end of the first 2 pages!

To echo DreadRoberts, "Ugh, please lock."
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Step (1):
    Provoke numerous 1v1's.

Step (2):
    Passive-aggressively insult anyone who refutes you.

Step (3)
    Claim victim status when called out for the behavior.

Step (4):
    Bait the moderator to lock the thread.

Transparent, and sad.

Edit and P.S.:
    In this instance, I'm in agreement with the others. Just lock it, already.
    Tkia, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  7. Albanara Active Member

I third the motion. please lock already.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Wulfgyr like this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I will ask Dreamweaver to lock this thread and I will start a new F2P restrictions thread in the future.

People are in kamikaze mode ("I don't mind getting banned as long as I take Benito with me", "nothing to lose") as a result of getting banned on Discord.
  9. Albanara Active Member

You sure know how to play the victim cards.
    Tkia, Breanna, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

No, that is what they are saying on another forum.

"I'll probably get banned for writing this but at least I'll take Benito with me."

"I already got banned on Discord; I don't mind getting banned on the OF."

PM'd Dreamweaver to lock this thread. We need cooler heads (and not fresh emotions attached to Discord bans) to prevail.
  11. Albanara Active Member

First, I dont know who "they" are, but whoever "they" are, "they" are right in this instance.

12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I honestly don't want anyone banned. But people are letting the raw and fresh emotions of Discord bans escalate their behavior.
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Includes frequent use of Straw Person logical fallacies
    Includes frequent use of the Slothful Induction fallacy
    Combination of multiple logical fallacies, including the Texas sharpshooter.
    Appeal to authority fallacy

Hmmm, it's almost like following a checklist.
  14. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Certainly predictable and certainly seems intentional... Time and time again.

EDIT: I mean lets be honest here, all these threads locked or disappearing and they all have one common theme... Benito spinning the thread to the point it goes away or is locked... And for a guy who doesn't even play the game he sure has a lot to say on its forums.
    Tkia, Breanna, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  15. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yup. Same general pattern every, single time that eventually results in someone's thread getting locked.

Since it's not being addressed, better if we all simply use the ignore feature.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Same names from the same shadow community in a coordinated kamikaze attack. I know how some devs feel.
  17. Tegdaian Member

quick to claim to be the victim, when its his own behavioral patterns that causes the issues.
    Benito, for the love of all that is holy, STOP POSTING. you dont even play this game, go away and quit polluting whats left of the community here with your toxic BS.

Dreamweaver, PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!
    also, if you could mute this nuisance of a person from posting any more drivel, it would be AWESOME!
    Tkia, Cyrrena, Erudinel and 1 other person like this.
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I have requested that this thread be locked.

The best policy is not to give air to this shadow group. (They already had a history long before I came to the forums).

Legend has it. Someone founded the EQ2 Discord but was banned. Since then, he made it his life crusade to antagonize EQ2 with his followers. It looks like newly banned individuals from Discord are following his lead and going full kamikaze as of late.
  19. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

"Shadow group" - lol A group comprised by some of the most visible, longest tenured members of both the EQ1 and EQ2 community. At least two of which have owned, oversaw, and operated numerous game forums including one of the, if not the most used EQ2 forum ever created.

Your request to lock the thread is simply a way for you to try and take control of the fact that you have once again gotten another post derailed and shutdown.

Lock it. You offer nothing but supposition, forced martyrdom, a slew of fallacies, and a head shake inducing side-show.
    Erudinel likes this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Why would I derail my own thread?

This shadow group - in full kamikaze fashion - wants me banned. (They can't ban the devs so I become a target of their antagonism).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.