Shinies

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Grouse, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Grouse Active Member

In the math thread, it was mentioned that shinies appear to be disabled in Stormhold. Well, I haven't seen them in Qeynos or the Down Below either. Can we put together a list of places where shinies seem to be missing?
  2. Xephane Active Member

Qeynos and Down Below have shinies? Stormhold was a shiny hotspot yet they seem to have all vanished, quite possibly an error with the new level range. I'm guessing the game is treating Stormhold as if it is a higher level than it was intended for so the shinies don't appear there until far later in levels. Or they were outright removed.
  3. Shaidin Member

I have been there with a lvl 40 and not seen a single "?" So I would say Removed on purpose.

Also I have noticed a extreme cut back in overall shiny spawns. Many of my favorite locations to farm no longer spawn anything. I did a full run of Nektropos and saw no spawns not even in my favorite locations that I spent HOURS at back at release.
  4. Vokan Well-Known Member

There has been a worldwide reduction in shiney production over the last several months. Labor disputes coupled with a known pesticide that has been attacking pixie dust byproducts are leading causes of the shortage. Well that and DBG cannot afford all the pixels.
    Hexalobular and Xephane like this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The zone can't be gray for shinies anymore I thought. So are you not seeing them when mentored down?
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

I thought it was supposed to be that you couldn't see them if you were too low a level, not if you are too high a level. Does it block them for higher levels too?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  7. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

I half expect to see an announcement for a new "Shiny Revelation" pot on Cash Shop, and given that they are selling our vet reward Billy doll to us for 500SC, something like a big crock of shinies would likely end up ~1000SC.
    Conifur likes this.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

Next weeks patch.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

"Collectible nodes (shinies) may now only be seen if you are no less then 10 adventure or tradeskill levels of the zone the node is located in."

That to me reads up and down, so if the zone is 20, you can see them from levels 10 to 30, but I could be wrong because Devs are unclear on purpose.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a clarification that said you could not see shinies that were in an area more than 10 levels higher than your level but anybody could see shinies in areas lower than their level. Sorry, I cannot remember if I saw it here on the forums or on Discord.

Cyrrena
    HaphazardAllure and Xephane like this.
  11. Xephane Active Member

It reads "No less then" which means you cannot be more than 10 levels BELOW. It states nothing about above.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Well it reads

"no less then 10 ... of the zone " which in computer speak is usually more or less in my opinion. but without clarification, go with what you feel!
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any in the Down Below, but all of the other Qeynos adventure zones have them.
  14. Xephane Active Member

Devs clarified that it is 10 levels below minimum but there is no maximum. There's no opinion here :p
  15. Shaidin Member

I have Been in Stormhold at Levels 15, 18, 20, 21 24, 27-31. and as a lvl 40 scribe that can see shines in all other zones from darklight woods - lava storm... there are no shinies in Stormhold at any lvl

As an example I took a level 50 toon on Stormhold server and a level 90 from Halls of fate into stormhold and got 6 shinies in 3 minutes
    Prissetta and Xephane like this.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Their entire formula for the "you can't see shinies unless you are within 10 levels" doesn't really work.

Tradeskillers really shouldn't be able to see lavastorm shinies if they are like level 10 adventurer.

Also people at like level 27 were able to see lavastorm shinies which is really annoying.
  17. Ribs New Member

I talked to Fyreflyte on discord. They investigated the shinies in stormhold. They were made invis for some reason but show as available. It is going to be looked in to.
    HaphazardAllure and Prissetta like this.
  18. Grouse Active Member

I've hunted shinies and page drops in the Down Below many, many times. I am down there right now, at level, doing quests. The map shows dozens of knowns locations. Not one of which is active.
  19. Grouse Active Member

My bad --- I was remembering hunting/finding red shinies. I just did a run on Maj'Dul and completed a red shiny collection without seeing a single white shiny on track
  20. Logan68 New Member

whats a shiny