Shave and a Cut is broken

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kurisutaru, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Kurisutaru Active Member

When I right click and use.. item disappears from my inventory (it's consumed). After clicking the OK button on the customization window nothing happens; the changes never occur. I only get a red message in chat window saying 'You no longer have a customization token!' :(
  2. Taysa Well-Known Member

Bumping this, because I am experiencing the same problem. It's really annoying because as an RPer, I change my toon's styling all the time to fit the mood and setting of the RP.
  3. Niekin New Member

hey fix this... I messed up my character appearance and i am not able to correct it cause of this bug
  4. Malabaster Member

Same problem here, happening on all my characters. Please fix this ASAP!
  5. ZachSpastic Active Member

As far as I'm concerned it has been broken ever since someone at SOE got the bright idea to stop having it give us the option to change appearance at the Character Select screen and instead force us to work within a dimly lit, teensy tiny window smaller than a postage stamp.
    Terein, Ridolain and Lygerr like this.
  6. Merodos New Member

Wednesday's patch didn't fix it. Still doesn't apply the effect (the error text says that it's missing the alteration option token or something to that effect).

Why exactly was this item changed at the release of the expansion anyways? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  7. Roojie New Member

Yup. Broken for me too. I thought maybe I just needed to relog or wait a day or two but its been a couple days now.
    I know little bugs are little and easy to put off but they are like roaches, if SoE Devs don't get their act together they're going to have so many it becomes an infestation. =_=
  8. Athenia Well-Known Member

Yep, broken as well for me. I was just about to /bug report this again but a whole forum thread works!
  9. Lygerr Active Member

i totally agree, it was perfectly fine the way it was before it was changed to use the locked size dressing room small window.
  10. Thumn New Member

I have to third that motion.
    I'd prefer the out of game shave-cut. You guys can just revert back to that one and never fix it in game, I would be quite happy with that.
    Or maybe put the character view in its own window that we can resize. Like viewing items in the dressing room window.
    Why anyone ever thought the miniture window was a good idea is beyond me.
  11. Zen_Wolfenstein New Member

Same here.. still not working, have been having issues since the expansion launched. Very hard to rp with this down.
  12. Kelvmor Active Member

This happens to me as well. Bump.
  13. Astoreth New Member

I'll add my name to the list of people who have found shave and a cut to be not working properly. Please save me from the extended bad hair day in which I find myself trapped.
  14. rubyeyed New Member

yeah its definitely broke ... i just used it .. spent a good 15-20 mins prettying up my char only to have NOTHING happen
  15. Zen_Wolfenstein New Member

Bump... still not working.. anyone know when the next patch is.. and if it will address this issue?
  16. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Just tested it with a toon that I don't care if gets stuck with an appearance and, yeah, it doesn't work. I think because it goes away from inventory as soon as you click "use" it's breaking everything else. Before it would only disappear if you clicked "Ok" to accept the changes. If you clicked "Cancel" it kept the item. Anyway, I /bugged it in game as well.
  17. sirene New Member

This is still bugged for me as well. Please, please fix soon :(
  18. Fany New Member

Same for me still bugged. PLZ fix it, i need new colors wing for the festival.;)
  19. hrodric New Member

Bump
    Decided to give my Pally a new look since the CoE zones are very shiny, but brown hair doesn't go with white armor, wings and a Circlet of Valor. Tried buying a new Shave and a Cut while the Customization window was open, but still didn't work. Doesn't need a Shave and a Cut item at the end of the Customization. Must be some other mechanic that's broken.
  20. Totse New Member

Only works if I am using an illusion option on my character.. IE the dirge's dark elf illusion. I can go in and change that appearance and it works fine. I cannot however change the appearance of my main character's base race.