Sharpen thy wits and prepare thyselves! Mythic Passage begins soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Mortisha Member

YEASSSSS!!! =) Luclin!!! Can we have the Vah Shir race back? The Kerrans are beautiful, but they are definitely a separate species. The Vah Shir are stockier, and beefier. The Kerrans are much taller, and thinner, more elvish. I'd love the chance to resurrect my everquest beastlord via the return of the Vah Shir race. Ooooooh so nervous! Will the Vah Shir be resurrected? Will Shar Val be a dungeon? Grandma wants to know! LOL =D Dancing excitedly
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

redecorated seems to me to be a bit mild
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I've seen copies in the wild.
  4. BearWhoWalks Member

I came , I saw, and went away disappointed . did the quests for coin easey enough. went to the vendor ....disappointing nothing but house junk. So I Decided to check out the new zone, dropped off the mountain to the docks no one there to port you in zone. 20 years of watching the game go down hill about ready to play WoW.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The web site for the paper and pencil version of the game is gone; however, I bought the books several years ago. The paperwork that the online game deals with easily would be a problem for me keeping track. But its an interesting read.
  6. Pioneer Member

The worst content that i saw in last few years.

Have you ever tried to collect 228 sublime pulverulence by yourselves? Do you think we had FUN in any of steps of that "signature"? it tooks me 5 min to collect all other stuff and now it is 20th minutes that i'm rolling in a wheel like a hamster at duality vigilant instance...

And another quest... so "fun"...
    Bueee

p.s.: the worst work is work that was made for the report: we made something...
  7. Malabaster Member

I completely agree with this one. I was literally falling asleep trying to gather those things. I sincerely hope the amount of them required for the recipes gets reduced. Or at the very least, allow bountiful harvests to work on the nodes.
    Khimaira and Pengana like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaitheel said over in the Tradeskill forum that it was unintended that it be so frustrating. He's looking into it.
    Kaitheel, Alyndrys, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Can I have your stuff?
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"For some people, [house items] are what [the game] is all about." --with apologies (but not many ;->) to Peter Davison

Uwk
    Crazylayde, Alyndrys, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I haven't played in months because CD simply wasn't much fun. I kept subs going on two accounts and was going to cancel those tonight until I saw the notice about the pre-expansion content. That led me to this discussion, here on the forum, and the talk about Luclin.

I have to admit, Luclin would definitely draw me back to the game unless it is another expansion with dreary zones that make housework seem like fun in comparison.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe that's an advantage of mine, of not cranking up my toons to max to jump on in to the newest zones; by the time I do them, everyone else will already have all the tricks and tips, and the coverage of it on Wiki will be extensive. ;->

But yeah, there are quite a few things that sound really, really tedious, from like PoP on. :-/

Uwk
    who mainly does crafting these days...
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just an FYI: when I Fast Traveled to the Teren's Grasp wizard spire, I practically landed on top of one of the quest givers, if not merged with them physically. I understand having the NPCs being obvious would be preferred, but if you devs/techs/whoever does it could just scoot them further in about the equivalent of a couple of meters, or ten feet, or whatever, that'd be cool. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the Sprens and trying not to pop them like bubbles completely: can we please loosen up the RNG that says, "Trying to do this successfully is like trying to catch a snowflake with a Fresnel lens in the sun! /giggle :D" Please? Far too many's the time I've had like 7, 8, 9+ repeats of "The dynamist spren was dissipated by the condenser." Considering we're only getting 1-2 DC for this, it seems more than a bit ridiculous. :-/

At first, I thought it was because I was too close to them, physically, so I tried only firing when I was just barely in range. That seemed to work for a bit, then the RNG caught on to that and figured, "Nope, not any more. You've been doing this quest far too often tonight, that's the trouble." So, once I finally use up the last of that Mana Fused Alloy, that's it for that one. :-/

EDIT: Okay, new record: 15 fails, six successes. I think what helped with the few times I actually made it was by not "rushing up on" the dying spren to try to get within range of the solidified bits in time to pick them up, but held back barely within range of the Condenser until I knew for sure what it would do.

I have three Mana Fused Alloys left; anyone want them? :-/

EDIT: Well, I bit the bullet and tried again with my last three Mana Fused Alloys to make a Condenser, and this time I only failed EIGHT times for six successes! :D I think that might be the key: hang way back until the Solids actually show up.

Or maybe just don't do the quest more than 1-2 times. :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of RNGs:

Total collectibles (including the 1s of each turned in to the Collector):

15 Fusible Empyrean Ore
    12 Fusible Coral Ore
    11 Fusible Decrepit Ore
    11 Fusible Earthen Ore
    9 Fusible Velium Ore
    8 Fusible Igneous Ore
    8 Fusible Shadowstone Ore
    7 Fusible Blyzurite Ore
    2 Fusible Quicksilver Ore
    ----
    83 total

That Quicksilver's pretty freakin' rare, even for a rare collectible. :-/

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of all the quests I'm eligible for, I'll have to say I way preferred "Maintaining the Propylons" above and beyond any of the rest. Most of the others weren't terribly generous with the DC, and this was easy and gave out 6 at a pop for my member toons. ;->

The other 3-6 DC quest asked me to go after grovespirits in Lesser Faydark for the first toon I did this with. Ten of them. Great! Got one fairly easily, blue to me. All the rest that I could find were still, indeed, blue, but THREE^ and surrounded by hostiles, so I simply deleted it and did "Maintaining" a few more times. Five times of that, and you'll have enough for the Al'Kabor's Ring of Fused Ore, that you need to see the collectibles. :)

Uwk
  17. Zinj Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd like to see a land bridge restored between Antonica and Everfrost. Logically the ocean levels should have gone DOWN when Odus was ripped from the planet surface and water rushed in to fill the empty space. But then logic and fantasy don't really go together well, do they?
  18. Thatdarncat Active Member

You do realize you can play more than one MMO at a time? Currently I'm playing about five or six. I played WoW Classic, EQ2 and GW2 yesterday. Would you only watch one tv show? Maybe now everyone binges on box sets or marathons you would but I grew up when they all came on once a week and you followed as many as interested you. Same for MMOs.

Also, decorating reward best reward. And yay Luclin!!! About time!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Nice to see they've got WoW Classic now; if they'd had the equivalent of WoW1 and WoW2 (Cataclysm) the way we have EQ1 and 2, I'd probably still be playing WoW1 and EQ2. ;->

But, Classic didn't come along soon enough to save my account, or interest. :-/

Uwk
    who used to be in EQ1 (briefly), City of Heroes/WoW/EQ2 simultaneously...and agrees wholeheartedly with those last two sentiments, Cat ;)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

I find this very interesting. Sadly, I missed the earlier years of 2, but I have done some of the Older Content and AoM was always a favorite of mine. Nice to see the story being picked up and moved forward with. There was always the Shissar in the Portal that was never gotten back to!

Again, I missed the earlier content, so if it was touched on before now, I may have bypassed or overlooked it and haven't gotten kcab to it yet.