Shared stats

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Wentil, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Wentil Guest

I apologize if this has been thoroughly discussed recently. I have been away from the game for a couple months, and when I logged on last week there's been a lot of chatter in my guild about SOE finally revamping summoner pets by giving shared stats and blowing away all of the pet effects on gear either in the next month or with the new expansion.
    Is there any reliable information on this rumor? Any indication on what exactly is going to happen with the pet effects on gear?
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

3. ARCHIVED-uchulayi Guest

“Summoners, Enchanters and other pet users:
    At long last, shared stats will be a reality! Pet effects will be a thing of the past.”

I understand “shared stats” to mean that my pet will (doh) share all my statistics – which I believe should mean that my Mage pet will be pretty effective as all my gear etc. will be specced to be INT-heavy. But do you think that if I want to make my Scout/Fighter pet most effective, then I will need to boost my AGI/STR considerably?

PS I am a pretty low level conjuror so if I have mis-interpreted “shared stats” very wrongly please can someone explain what it will mean?

Thank you :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Even now, on Live, your "Mage" pet uses your INT to determine his damage. Further, your Fighter and Scout pets also your your INT to determine their damage. In some way, it is converted to the appropriate stat.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Sadly, right now, he doesn't share CC/CB/POT, which are, yet another set of values to try to raise to bring your dmg up.. it's the difference between a 250k EB and a 20k EB... I'll be curious what kind of compromise they reach with the changes..
  6. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

My pet has FAR greater CB and Potency than I do. It's not even REMOTELY close. I've hit over a million on a good EB before.
    The biggest problem is his crit chance. This is largely negated by using Plane Shift, but obviously that's only a 60 seconds every 6 minutes solution.
    Once again, wait and see mode for Velious as to whether the loss of CB and Potency is offset by increased crit chance.