Shared Deco Dungeon on Skyfire

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ratbill, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Ratbill Well-Known Member

Hi all, and especially those on Skyfire.

I have made a Shared Deco Dungeon for Skyfire (all info is also in the books inside the dungeon).
    The idea is a place that sparks your imagination and gives you access to certain interesting items for free.
    You can also drop interesting items in here for other players to use.
    And there is a table to make requests for items.
    Everybody who has access can also give other players/alts access, it works best with more people.

If you want access (Skyfire only), request it here or send an in-game mail to Ratbill.
    If you want to be removed from the access list, it's best to send an in-game mail to Ratbill or
    remove the access yourself.

I have been so free to add a bunch of people already, people I think can appreciate this project.
    If it is against your wishes, please let me know by in-game mail.

If people want to copy this idea for other servers, keep in mind that it is best to have only 1 shared dungeon on a specific server.

Update November 5th 2017:
    The dungeon is used by multiple people and has a nice variety of items. And there are a few test-builds scattered about the place, free for viewing/using/picking up. It also makes it nice to visit just for fun. But I have been getting some request for access by people I totally do not know.
    So to make things clear:
    - The dungeon is for use by people we know & trust, commonly referred to as deco community & friends.
    - Trustees: Only give access to people you know, do not give access to people you don't know.
    - If you want access, it is best to ask someone you know or to include a reference in your request, so I can check it.
  2. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I think this is a fantastic idea!
    I was part of one of these a few years back, however it went sour after a while. Someone got in and took whatever they wanted, and a couple people didn't realize that once they left an item in there, it was fair game. The blame game started, names were thrown, it all ended badly.
    I'd love to be part of this, as long as everyone understands the concept. You set it down and leave it, it's open to anyone else on that door to take. One person can walk in and clear the place out, and you can't get mad.
  3. Nurot Active Member

i think its a great idea too!!!! nice job Ratbill. I would like access if thats ok, and would be happy to drop off some stuff... No Urns I promise :)
  4. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

What a great idea! Id love to do the same on HOF. This is especially helpful for those who dont have faction or certain holiday recipes. If anyone on HOF is interested I'll set one up for us.
  5. kianne Well-Known Member

Its a great idea but like wizzam said no getting ansy if u leave stuff and someone else takes it... but also be aware there might be people who will take the cookoo too, i think personally rare items or items made of rare mats shouldn't be left, perhaps if its needed the person who needs it, mails one of the decorators ( if there is any decorators willing to be named in a book to help )and supply's the rare what ever one it would be whether its t1 or t10 ot what ever it is, that way no one takes the biscuit... Just my 2pence worth.. you can add Gemminii to the list of decorators who can make stuff if you would like
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

LOL:)

And great idea Bougie!:)
  7. Ratbill Well-Known Member

Being a shared storage, there is the change of bargain hunters. People (like me) who are always looking for the most unique and/or beautiful items. And there are those (like me) who check their storage first before crafting something.
    It all should be in the explanations in the books, but I will check if this is clear enough...
    Everything you place inside a shared dungeon should be considered gone!
    Keep expensive items yourself if you don't want them gone in 60 secs. ;)
    For expensive items, it may be best to place the request in the dungeon, but handle the trade outside the dungeon.
    Like I said, I will check/update the books. :)

To see your access to the dungeon, check your dungeon tab on the character screen.
    Nurot, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Wizzam like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good idea! I like the "clearance house of requests" aspect as well! :)

We also have something similar on Test going on right now, if folks wander out that way. I believe it was set up originally by Denmum and Lera (? will have to double-check), and there's a thread for it, either here or on the Test Server forum...it's been awhile since I've seen posts for it. :oops:

Uwk
    who really, really needs to rabble-rouse for more Testers to participate in decorating contests/swaps! :-/
    Ratbill likes this.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

I've already been in it and to me the book is pretty clear. And if I'm sharing with many others I would think they would have a small home for the special items and the shared deco room would be extra crafted or grabbed during events items. Mass crafting produce lots of extras in dividers and tiles so this has opened up more room in my houses. I hate to delete them and I am lazy with using the broker, hopefully someone will need them lol.