Share your latest tips

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Windstalker, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DreadRoberts Active Member

Tried it out of curiosity this morning, because I thought it had been removed.

Yep, it has been removed.
  2. Slant Well-Known Member

I have a trick request. I am looking for a way to cast an ability directly on my pet like one can do on another player using the /useabilityon [playername] command
    I have tried everything I can think of and the best I can come up with is a medeocre work around

/target_pet
    /useability
    /target_previous

Does anyone out there know of a way to directly cast an ability on your pet or even better another group members pet? It would be a massive help.
  3. Kaedian66 Active Member

All around travel advice:

1. Get a home in your starting city. There will typically be a quest which will reward you with some basic items as well as point you to a dirt cheap room/home.
    2. Set your recall point ("K" for Knowledge Book, Abilities, Set Recall Point) in this city at the Voyage through Norrath bell.

Now when you "Call to Home" ("K" again, Abilities, Call to Home) you are right at a bell enabling fast access to most zones. Likewise, you can pull up your character menu ("C"), select Housing and you can access either your home, or your guildhall at this point.

Lastly, Enchanted Lands offers a Wizard Spires, Druid Ring and Bell system all within sight of each other for the all purpose mobility hub of Norrath outside of a guild hall.
  4. Souv New Member

I just started playing yesterday. I was so excited to figure out that I can change my hotbars and make them vertical, thank you so much!
    Seefar and blutree like this.
  5. blutree Member

Seefar likes this.
  6. johnbird211 New Member

I like to play online cricket games more. It is designed in such a way that it increases the speed and accuracy of the shot when playing frequently. It provides good entertainment for me.
  7. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Moors of Ykesha is better because they are closer together and there is a bank in the middle.
    Seefar likes this.
  8. Kaedian66 Active Member

Moors is slightly higher level though ...
  9. jaqs New Member

There are no aggressive mobs around the travel area in Moors so it doesn't matter what level it is.
    Seefar and Avahlynn like this.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yup. Moors rules. Get a tinkered call to the moors and all the travel amenities are at your fingertips. :)
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

They are all in the general vicinity of where you zone in, which is lowbie-friendly.
    Seefar likes this.
  12. Kaedian66 Active Member

Hmmm well in the EL you can punt halflings.

(Thanks for the tip on the Moors though)
    Seefar likes this.
  13. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Funny, I was about to ask the same question. Are you talking about Ferdinand or Imelda, and just what kind of fun with them did you have in mind.

But you gotta admit, that was a hard one to pass up. Lol
  14. Tatanka_7th Active Member

If Imelda, any sort of fun would have to involve shoes, if I remember my news headlines correctly.

Tat
    Naramsin likes this.
  15. Seefar Well-Known Member

Copy-pasted from my backup of the Lonewolf guild website, with some minor amendments, offered in the hope that it might be of interest...

Allow XP to happen just by playing the game
    Turn off the experience bar window (by using ALT+x). Note that this means turning off the experience bar display only - it does not disable experience altogether! The purpose of this is to remove the distraction of worrying about XP, debt and vitality, and free you to concentrate on the FUN!

The little-bit-tricky bit
    Just in case you're not fully familiar with EQ2's in-game options I'll labour the point about 'ALT+x' here, because if you don't get it right you may find that bits of your HUD (Head Up Display) can disappear :(
    When you press ALT+x you may hear a "Bong!" noise, and get a red message "That window cannot be hidden". Somewhere in your chat output you may see:
    To enable hiding of HUD windows uncheck 'Keep Main HUD Windows Visible' located in Options > User Interface > Game Windows
    Follow this advice to allow ALT+x to remove the experience bar from your main display. This is only a display option, the window can be recovered by using ALT+x again.
    BUT
    after you've hidden the experience bar window, check the 'Keep Main HUD Windows Visible' option again - so that you don't accidentally hide other important windows too! ALT+h, for example, would hide your spell icon bars. It's easy to hit the wrong combination of keys, especially in the heat of battle, so re-enabling this protection is quite important.

Also note that there is a duplicate experience bar in your Persona Window (press 'P'). So if you want to sneak a look occasionally at your XP numbers, you can easily check it there. But I didn't say that.
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

Just learned this - I guess everyone else in the world already knew it - You can NOT level past 90 unless you have 280 AA!!

So, when you start up set your XP/AA slider to 60% - 60% xp convert to AA (only applicable if you are a paid account, f2p can not change the slider)

Wish I knew this in the beginning because it is very difficult to bring up AA's once your get to 90 :(
  17. Berge Member

You can have someone run you through one of the player made dungeons and you can PL your AA's, just bring a XP potion with you can get AA's really fast that way.
    santargria likes this.
  18. Athenodorus New Member

There is an enormous power-boost when you hit 90, since you can equip level 90 tradeskilled gear. Is it really much harder to get AA at 90? Honest question; I've only been back for a month or so, and am just about to hit 91.
  19. santargria Well-Known Member

Maybe not for others - but I've found it darn near impossible - then again, I abhor mindless grinding so I try to do as many quests as I've missed - the Player dungeons seems like a good idea which I'll try next.
  20. Seefar Well-Known Member

The chronomages are your friends.
    santargria likes this.