Shard of Love and the fate of Erollisi Marr

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Coniaric, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Just remember, you don't have to be a god to own a plane. There is the Plane of Innovation. It's one giant junkyard. No god claims it as anyone's domain.
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

The 4x is definatly a Miragul's Zone, though I can't remember the name specifically, I know it wasn't a Plane or Planiar... though the discriptive word did start with a P.
    There will also be an easier 2x added, this is what I assume will be what SoL is.
    As far as talking about adding Gods at Fan Faire, there was a Definate NO in reguards to adding any WITH the expainsion... however they where suspiciously allusive when we tried to pin them down on the possablity of a new god in general as well as Erollisi Specifically, very similar in fact to the way they behaved when, befor TSO was anounced I tried to press them on when they where going to fleshing out the remaineder of the Shaddered Lands...so I suspect that we will see a god added befor Sentnal's Fate, and that god could very well be Erollisi.
  3. ARCHIVED-Arabani Guest

We have 5 evil, 5 neutral and only 4 good avatars. Disbalance imo :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the plane of innovation was ruled by Meldrath the Magnificent, who was ascended after he was split from his twin by I think it was Bristlebane. and I think meldrath the magnificent was a god more along the lines of how Vallon and Tallon are, or Sullon and rolfron. or Varig Ro. 'technically' deities, but not even remotely close to the power of the 'pantheon' deities.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Uhhh.. I have *NEVER* Heard of Meldrath the Magnificent, Meldrath the Malignent, or any other Meldrath ever ascending to godhood. The Plane of Innovation just existed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

it is actually in the backstory about Innovation. one of the other gods 'gave' meldrath the magnificent the plane of innovation. the reason why the planes creatures are all KoS to you is because his twin, meldrath the malignant, entered and basically reprogramed everything. the bots didn't try to stop him becuase the meldrath's were identical twins, so they couldn't tell the difference.
    Though I'm pretty sure it was bristlebane that did it. Now I'm gunna have to dig that thing up someplace.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

here it is, or the general story between the twins.
    It is said that Meldrath had a conjoined twin with whom he was connected at the chest. One boy's heart was as pure as the waters of the Vasty Deep and his eyes shone with a beautiful light and the other's heart was as dark and cold as the waters of the Ink Sea and his eyes were as black as two pools of oil. Their two hearts beat as one, each balanced by the extreme of the other. So balanced were they, in fact, that they were both known as Meldrath because no one thought of them as two, let alone suspected the extremes of their souls. They lived in peace, gliding through Ak'Anon wrapped in each other's arms like slow dancers.
    Meldrath's mother, however, wanted the two sons she thought she deserved and constantly sought a way to disconnect them. One day Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, ruler of the Plane of Mischief disguised himself as a healer and gave their mother a magic sword to disconnect them. She ran home and, finding them asleep, plunged the sword between them. Both were unharmed and the two rubbed their eyes sleepily. She rejoiced, but as she looked from one to the other she noticed for the first time that one was beautiful and the other ugly. One looked at her with loving, sweet eyes and the other with hatred. Suddenly, the beautiful Meldrath began to rise higher and higher into the air. His mother screamed and tried to hold him down but the ugly Meldrath bit her leg and stomped on her foot. The beautiful Meldrath floated up to the surface of Norrath and into the sky and was never seen again.
    I think it's an NPC in innovation itself that basically confirms the 'good' Meldrath is the ruler/demigodish type over Innovation. and hte reason that the clockworks are hostile is because his twin reprogramed things.
  8. ARCHIVED-teddyboy420 Guest

The story related in the posts above about the twin Meldrath's is the story I had heard about their background as well. The mother, the conjoined twins, the sword from a god in disguise, etc...although I think I also remember something about her pregnancy and the conjoined twins also being the act of a god, or gods.
    Anyhow, yes, that story explains why there is the one "evil" Meldrath that has always been around, and why there are references to a "good" Meldrath as well as the better know, "evil" Meldrath. The part about the "good" Meldrath, Meldrath the Marvelous, being a demi-god, I admit is new to me, I don't recal anything about Meldrath ruling over the Plane of Innovation...being there, maybe, but ruling not so sure. Sadly, the entry for the Plane of Innovation was ripped from my Maps of Myrist years ago, so I can't refer to that...but there are references around the net of Meldrath ruling over Innovation
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Just to be sure, none of this was released from the Secrets of Faydwer expansion in EQlive, was it?

Honestly, I've never heard of this before.
  10. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

I had read about that. It was a while ago, probably long before the Secrets of Faydwer, but I don't recall exactly.
    Edit: Never mind ... I found the section about Meldrath in the EQ Atlas: The Maps of Myrist. So it was few years ago.
  11. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I can't find my Maps of Myrist, but I did find this on Alla's in relation to the quest to open the elemental planes. I had forgotten who made the time machine and the relation to the Plane of Innovation. But it's been years since I did Planar Progression on PoP.

Maelin tells you, 'There is no way to escape from the prison that is The Plane of Time. I am sorry but your quest for information ends here. Time is something that none of us can escape. That is however.. back when my explorations of the Planes were more common, I would travel searching for knowledge and lore to bring back to Tanaan. I stumbled into the Plane of Innovation. It was a great marvel to see indeed. I found the creator of all things mechanical. Meldrath the Marvelous was a kind and just gnome. We spent many weeks together discussing all of his devices. This included a machine that would allow you to open a tear into a period of time and enter into that time. The machine was more of a flight of whimsy though as the power necessary to power such a machine was enormous. He jokingly equated needing the very essence of the elements to power it.'

It doesn't necessarily say "god" but I would certainly say it sounds like Meldrath the Marvelous had the position of Overseer of the place. And Overseer fits gnomes better than something like "god" anyway.