Shapeshifting

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Luum, May 27, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Luum Guest

Hi!
    I tried to look at the spell list above for my answer but my company apparently despises gaming or some such nonsence cuz I get a warning when I try to access it so I hope you don't mind me asking this anyway.
    I just picked up Shapeshifting cuz I saw a friend that has a warden shapeshift into different things. My warden is new and I'm actually new to EQ2. I was curious: I got the tiger, wolf and tree. When do we get the Pixie (?) and the bee? What level? Where do we get them? Are there other shapes? Etc? Any and all help appreciated. And thanks so much!
  2. ARCHIVED-Expired-Account Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Luum Guest

Expired-Account wrote:
    So, if I read Allakhazam correctly, my conjurer can do it? But it's only available to the fae?
  4. ARCHIVED-Expired-Account Guest

You are correct, if you are fae you can do the quest.
    The only benefits of it to me are:
    - First and foremost, if you are in a heavy pvp zone and you need to travel somewhere specific Silvani form is incredibly hard to see and target. (of course if theres a scout you can be tracked, and target nearest enemy gets you to)
    - 5% run speed - nice for travel
    - helps you glide a LITTLE bit farther if you need to jump to something
    Disadvantages?
    - Can't cast while in form - sucks when you roll up on someone and want to jump them and then forget you are in the form. You start trying to cast and nothing happens, then they see you and jump on you first /doh
  5. ARCHIVED-Luum Guest

I got the Silvani Form. Unfortunately, it's not the form I was refering to. Now I think I'm going crazy. I know that wardent that was displaying it was not of the winged persuasion to begin with and we were in a group and now I can't remember his name so I can ask him again. The form reminded me of a cupee doll with wings in a golden glow. Does that sound familiar? Bare in mind, I could just be seeing things. LOL
  6. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

You are not going crazy. Yet. :)

There is that form. It is a fun spell called Call of the Fae. You get it at level 35. Like all fun spells you have to buy it from your class trainer.
  7. ARCHIVED-Luum Guest

Kahlef wrote:
    Kahlef!
    That maybe the one, however, I can't find a picture of it so I'm not positive, but you could be on to something. =D
  8. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

I am pretty sure it is that one. Because it is from before the Echoes of Faydwer and they didn`t have the fae models we have now. So they had to use the fairy models of the time that were those ugly, alien look, yellow ones.
  9. ARCHIVED-Luum Guest

Kahlef wrote:
    I didn't think it was ugly but it was yellow and alien looking (like a cupee doll with wings). I can't hardly wait to get it. =D
  10. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Yeah, that's our healfairy at 80 too :( I don't like that model at all - I wish it was a tiny tinkerbell light, like the sylvani form, but that casts :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Arielle Nightshade wrote:
    I kinda wish there was a toggle for choosing an alternate model for our "pet" spells. It would be nice to choose between the current fairy and maybe either the Sylvani or the old green fairy.
    Also...instead of the wolf pack I think it would be hilarious to summon a pack of brownies to beat things up. Hey, I spent a lot of time running from brownies in EQ1, I don't see why they wouldn't strike fear into mobs now.
  12. ARCHIVED-Fyrion Guest

I like the ideas for sylvani and alternate pet forms.

I had no idea there were cool illusion spells. I'm fae and there isn't a Warden trainer in Kelethin (oddest thing in the world) and so I figured there just isn't a Warden trainer. I thought maybe since we're druids we just learn things naturally. That is until I saw this thread and looked for the spell trainer. I figured I must have missed the Kelethin trainer (and if there is one I still can't find it) but I see there are only two Warden trainers (Qeynos and Freeport).