Shanette's Garden of Friends by Febrith - Thurgadin {Video Tour}

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Shanette's Garden of Friends by Febrith
    Thurgadin Server
    Court of the Master - South Qeynos
    Medium Homes - Newly Published
    Owner : Febiryth
    Decorator : Febrith
    Videographer : Shanette

Warning extremely pretty and wonderful. And I'm not just saying that because it was a present for me! :)

2. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Feb, this is absolutely gorgeous! I'm loving all the colors. Those vases turned on their sides are perfect!
    That aquarium tho, I was ROLLIN! LOL!!!!
    The pillars at the entrance are amazing, I love the tops of them.
    How long did all of this take you to build Feb? Laying out all those water areas must have really taken your patience.
    I'm in PIIIINK!
    /winks at Vas
    Ocarinah, Moena, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Cupcake, I'm so glad you got there (good work Daybreak on fixing the log in issue) and I'm so happy that you liked it - I had a wonderful time making it:)
    After the Spa I was totally out of ideas - like totally zilch and I'd had this Court hanging around for years and done nothing with it. I thought I'd do some hanging gardens in there for Shanette because gardens are my absolute favourite thing to do, and I was thinking about what a good friend she is and the "Friends" light bulb went off. I too love that show and I thought she'd enjoy the references. What I didn't realise is that she's a massive Friends nerd and actually recognised the lines from the show - I laughed so hard, I cried watching that part of her video. I also thought it would be fun to put some of her gaming friends in there too because there's a lot of love for her in the community and these are all people that I love too - there would have been more to be completely honest but I've been harvesting like a bugger for what seems like weeks for etherwood!

Wiz, the gardens took about three weeks because I have been working a lot lately, plus the home itself is really frustrating because it's as dark as pitch in there when night falls in Norrath - it's totally impossible to work in the gardens when it's dark. The water areas I loved doing - some of the tiles had to be placed at slight angles because the paths rise and fall a bit but it worked out prettily.
    I had to put you in pink:) I failed a bit at the clothes (apart from Shan because luckily I had her armour set) - I'm particularly covetous of Vas's gorgeous blue armor that he wears - gotta get me some of that stuff one day!
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

And now you know, I'm a massive Friends nerd! I've actually been told before, by that grump that lives with me, that if he hears that wretched theme song one more time...! :p

The Ross / Pivot scene just completely made my day. Maybe even my whole week. That was awesomeness. <3

I absolutely loved it, it was very touching and sweet, and also beautiful. It has really made me want to attempt to do something with the other Court of the Master I own! See, you've inspired me! ;)
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

But but but - it's such a great tune - I've never tired of it:)

My travelling clothes and touring boots are laid out ready to see your next adventure:)
  6. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I loved it so much, I actually made a toon on Thurg just to vote on it <3
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh how lovely of you! /hug! So glad I put you in pink lol
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, I feel honored that team {DVC} earned a spot in this home. I have to ask, though, Febrith...is that a fae or an arasai, because Daemora would be very upset if she were depicted as a fae, hehe. Never mind that she has a fae sister. <eg>

I will have to load all three of our character's files onto house actors for you so you can have them. I know I have a couple characters on that server, but I haven't updated my EU file in quite some time and I'm afraid it will take a while to do. I will need to get back on Thurgadin server at some point, though. :D

The home really is very lovely, Febrith. Every time I see that home I wonder, how would I decorate it and just can't seem to come up with any ideas, so I've never purchased it. I think you pulled it off quite beautifully! Thank you for including us in this home. :)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! And if your characters are linked at all to EQ2U, then folks can make house actors based off what they see in there...I did for a lot of the actors when I did Wizzam's octopus place (and no, StripeyBro was not based off Uwk; Uwk's a lion-type Kerra ;->); found out what Appearance armor/weapons/etc. they like, what the Bio picture said they looked like, etc. Invaluable tool! :)

Imho, you can always tell a Fae from an Arasai by the colors...if they're true, jewel-tone colors, it's probably an Arasai, especially if red is involved. :-/

Gorgeous place! Lucky Shan! :D

Uwk
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

With the Friends theme I was trying to think of Shanette's friends and ofc you three musketeers sprang to mind! And yes ofc Daemora is an arasai - in a super smooth nerdy move I did check out everyone on EQ2U to make sure I got the race right lol. I'm so glad you liked it /beam. If any of you need a home for travel purposes or whatever on Thurgadin my door is always open!
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thanks Puss! And yes, EQ2U is a God send isn't it?:)
  12. Kenana Well-Known Member

What lovely gardens you have created in this house, Feb! I think you have outdone even yourself on this one! I love how you made it seem like different seasons in the different wings. What a very sweet gift for Shanette! I love how you included actual dialogue from a TV show that you both love. She was so moved...that is a lovely thing to see :) I am also honored that you included Kenana as a participant in the festivities!
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Nerdy move...cute, hehe. I think it was really sweet of you to include us...you'll have to excuse Daemora...she is easily offended when people mistake her for being a fae...she is very touchy on that subject. (For roleplay purposes of course...she resents that fae have such a cute adorable dance while arasai are stuck with that extremely boring emo dance, but she won't admit to that being the reason she 'dislikes' fae in general. I think Daenora must have teased her about that one too many times while they were growing up.) :D

I did not know that about the colors, Uwk...very informative and thank you for that lesson. :)
    Ocarinah, Moena, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! I found that out the hard way after creating both Arasai (first) and Fae (my attempt at a Captain America didn't turn out too well; "pink, white and blue" just doesn't have the same ring to it). :-/

Uwk
  15. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thank you Kenana! I admit it was pure indulgence:) And I forgot to say that the planters placed one on top of the other wasn't my idea - I saw that in someone's house (and for the life of me I can't remember who) and loved it - I'm pretty sure I said I was going to steal it, and apart from changing the plants I totally did <no shame!
    Ocarinah, Merriel, Moena and 2 others like this.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

I totally get it - Febrith is a Fae who is a little bit jealous of Febiryth who is an Arasai because the Arasai gets the far more groovy hair colours - but then Febrith gets "the" dance so...../shrug! One's a warden and the other a fury and they love each other really but squabble a bit like sisters do:) I love that you have Daemora and Daenora:)
    Ocarinah, Merriel, Moena and 2 others like this.
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

That made me lol:)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's SO embarrassing...he's got the Snappy Blue and White Frostfell helmet and clothes, the Snappy Red Frostfell gloves and boots (which are a lovely TRUE red), the Cloak of the North Star (big white star in the middle of blue), the Candy-Striped Buckler, the Sword of Dust (I think it's called; beautiful, rich, blue sword on the Marketplace for not much)...and stupid white and PINK wings. Sigh... :(

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Merriel and Moena like this.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

Don't forget their third sister, another Arasai named Daevora. Daevora is pretty much totally anti-social and doesn't associate much with either of her sisters. I think of her personality as representative of how I sometimes feel in real life, when I don't feel up to socializing at all with others. I don't get that way very often anymore, but occasionally I go through some really nasty mood swings. She's a Shadowknight though, so the personality suits her very well (and so does her appearance armor and weapons).
  20. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

This is SO gorgeous!!! I have never been so ambitious to do one of those ginormous homes, I think it needs it's own category on the leaderboards. Small, Medium, Large, Massive, Court of the Master LOL
    Such beautiful ideas I thoroughly enjoyed the video tour!