Shanette O'Hara's Twelve Oaks Plantation ~ Now Open!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul ~ South Qeynos ~ Ethernere Enclave ~ Pajamas

After a marathon of video tours of my homes by Shanette; I wanted to thank her by doing her very own personal design. In the process of the interview with her on the project; she confessed she always wanted to do one of the homes from Gone With the Wind. She and her sister have an annual ritual where they watch it together. I thought that was so sweet and that became my inspiration. After skipping through the movie that I still have not ever watched to get screenshots of the houses; off I went with my carpenters toolbox. I tried to make some of the rooms look like the movie scenes as much as I could.

Anyway; go ahead and grab a mint julep to sip on while you tour the home! Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn :)

Can't tour on Maj'Dul? View more pics and the inspiration behind this design on my website.
    ~ I'd like to thank Metamarra for the inspiration on the dresses!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Breakfast Room[IMG]
    Butler's Pantry[IMG]
    Kitchen[IMG]
    Shanette O'Hara and Wizzam[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Wizzam's Room[IMG]
    Shanette O'Hara's room[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Scarlette O'Hara's Room[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Cheribomb's Room[IMG]
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

O . . . .M . . . . . G . . . . . . The TALENT!! O . . . .M . . . . G . . . . .

*faints*
  3. Faawn Member

W O W so breathtaking beautiful house wonderful job doing it Love love love it
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I want to extend a huge THANK YOU to Cheribomb for creating this fabulous design for me. I was incredibly touched when she contacted me and told me she'd like to design a project for me as a thank you for video touring her incredible homes. I feel very honored and blessed to now be the proud owner of my very own Cheribomb design, and very grateful to her for organizing a very fun Grand Opening of the home for everyone to attend and view it.
    I'd also like to thank everyone who attended and gave Cheribomb the praise she so rightfully deserves, as this home is simply amazing. Special thanks to Daemora, Vasciagio, and Ceyarrecks who surprised me with delightful "housewarming" gifts.
    It never ceases to amaze me how encouraging and wonderful the decorating community can be.
    My sister doesn't play EQ2 but I will be showing the video tour of the home to her so that she too, can be touched by this wonderful gesture, as it is her favorite movie and the reason I requested this particular theme.
    Thanks again to Cheribomb and everyone! :)
    Without further ado, before my emotions get away from me again, here is the video tour of this magnificent design!
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

I think my jaw dropped so much I broke it on the floor! That is absolutely beautiful!
  6. Xalandra Well-Known Member

I had so much fun touring this with everyone. Cheribomb really knocked it out of the ball park! So many mind blowing details. Everything from the dresses, the domed ceiling, & the wall art! It was all amazing! To those who haven't seen this in person please go check it out...you won't regret it.

Great video as always Shanette & AWESOME job Cheribomb!
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

Morning all - I dashed over to see this for myself this morning and it's amazing! I'm totally stealing the fab loos lol. Gorgeous build and so many wonderful features. Congrats on an inspirational home Cheribomb and to Shanette for keeping it together<3
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I did a video of the reveal party. I turned off my mic cuz hubby was really loud in background playing planetside 2. I kept forgetting and was talking and complimenting on how amazing everything is. Might be able to see the tons of compliments in chat window.

9. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thank you for the video Ookie, I didn't get a chance to log in till later on last night to see it. :D
  10. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

you did an amazing job on the O'hara manor! :eek: I choked up a bit because it was my grandma's favorite movie and everytime she come over to spend the summer with my sisters, brother and I, we used to watch it together before she passed away. :(

thank you for making it a great memory for everyone that remember's and love's the movie and also for Shanette because she deserves it. ;)
  11. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Oh my. I got teary eyed when you got choked up. This was so fun to do and love that there is video of your reaction. If item count hadn't restricted me I could have kept going for weeks, lol. I thought your southern accent attempt was pretty good too :)
  12. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing the video Ocarinah, I wish I could have heard your comments! At least I got to hear everyone else's. I need to get my headset hooked up again so I can join voice chat next time. I had a blast at the reveal party with everyone. Thanks again to everyone that attended and all your kind words.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, I think I talk too much, lol. Remind me not to be so talkative on the next deco-raid I join. :D

You did an absolutely amazing job, Cheribomb! Choosing one thing as a favorite in that home would be next to impossible to do, because I love everything you did there. Lots of idea's I'll be 'borrowing' in the future, methinks. :)
  14. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. OMG okay. I don't want you to take this the wrong way but I have to confess hubby and I recently watched the summoner geeks video and when you kept talking about the floor in the Parlour it reminded me about the monster character in the kitchen talking about mountain dew. I apologize in advance.
    kianne, Ocarinah, Katz and 4 others like this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, rofl, that's too funny. I do apologize though, because when I watched Oaky's video, I even annoyed myself with all the talking I did. I never realized how annoying I could be until then. :D
  16. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

You were not annoying! I loved how intrigued you were! You were me in every house I've toured trying to figure something out.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

We have all been there...sometimes I just cannot control needing to know right now what the heck someone did to build something so dang cool. Why can't I examine this item!!! OMG OMG OMG. Why!?!

I recently realized how annoying I am while watching shows with my hubby...always saying what is going to happen right before it does. I am sure the cuteness wore off by the third time I did this to him. I am so like the Mountain Dew Monster. Poor hubby. At least I don't do it while in movie theaters lol.
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thought I'd share that it made Dev Pick today. (I have my suspicions on who submitted it, so thank you! ;))
    Also big grats on DVC for getting Dev Pick on Niboota's Spooky Birthday Ride on Maj'Dul. You earned it! [IMG]
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

Grats guys - wheee! Well deserved Cheri:)
  20. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Squeee! I didn't think they were doing Dev Picks anymore. What a lovely surprise. Thank you to whomever submitted it and for whomever approved it.