Shaman Aura of Purity, how many levels does it cure and what is the range?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Loke, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Loke Member

In light of the change to this AA ability listed in the patch notes for tomorrow from a 12% chance(rank 8) to cure nearby grouped allies to a triggered proc that goes off every 2-4 seconds, can we get some transparency on the numbers for this ability please?

This is one of those old AAs that I had never seriously considered because at 12% it was just too unreliable to be of any use. If it is a group cure comparable to Ebbing Spirit at say expert level(dispels 216 levels of hostile effects on group members) that goes off every 2-4 seconds I would definitely spend the 8 points on it.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Spec into it tomorrow and report back how it works? We'd all appreciate the scouting report.
  3. Loke Member

I will probably check it out although I doubt I'll be able to get any accurate data on the number of levels it dispels. More like, well it seems to cure my group every 2-4 seconds on heroics but only about half as much on raids or something similar. I just get tired of having to guess about so many things in this game because of the lack of information on how things work. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and it will work like casting group cure every 2-4 seconds.
    Adene likes this.
  4. Sowy Active Member

this AA should, instead, proc a chance to give the shaman a consumable item that cures the group. Instant cast.

cuz sometimes you dont want to cure and I thank the devs for adding such silliness into scripts.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Another answer would be just to have Aura flagged not to cure the dets you are supposed to leave on. In ages past I have just canceled the dog on fights that required not curing specific dets..
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Its called controlling your pet lol.. making him joust and paying attention to det timers.. but just like dps we've gotten lulled into just setting and forgetting and smashing buttons...now that has been said,

The AA still shows 1.5% chance to cure.. doesn't show what they "changed" it to in notes, so not sure how to track it as the OP posted.
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

I checked some cure parses, and it doesn't appear to be working for me in current content. When we went back into Kael a few weeks ago, it was doing about 20% of my cures, but in current content I am seeing 0.