Shadowknight Epic

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Celestia, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

I'm debating on whether I want to put the effort and time into doing this, because I kinda loathed the first epics. I did look it up (luckily I don't have to fight Levi.) But it says you have to know Draconic and Sathirian. My question is, do I HAVE to do the actual black tome quest, or am I able to use that book from Kunark Ascending that just gives you those languages?

I realize this is just a very itty bitty part of the timeline, but I wondered all the same. I HATE going down to the bottom of Sol Eye just to have to talk to one dragon.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

If you have a character who has already completed the Draconic language quest, then you can buy the dragon language tablet off the Shady Swashbuckler in Nektulos and give it to your alts. The tablet will bypass the part of the dragon language quest where you have to go around collecting the runes, but you will still have to do the language quest up to that point first.

The Kunark Ascending language book can be used by level 100 alts to learn the 3 Kunark languages, but you need a toon to have earned the right to buy that book in the first place as well.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yeah I knew that already, but thanks.

I just meant if when I hit 100, would I be able to do that? My fury has already earned the right to buy it. :)

I don't have a problem doing the language Sathirian, but I just wondered if it would still count - or if I absolutely need to finish Black Tome collection quest.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

No, the KA alternative will work.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

6. Bramdar Active Member

I think the SK epic is worth getting, but that's my opinion. I used it as my appearance weapon until recently, and only because I replaced it with the epic 2.0 version. I think it's one of the better looking epic weapons.

Also, it's been a long time since I completed the original questline. But isn't Draconic language only needed if you follow the Epic Repercussions route?
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Hmm you may be right. I was looking back and forth between two pages. Even still, I will have to do the repercussions quest anyway. Which is partly why I’m wondering why I should do the actual sk timeline. Either way I get it, BUT I would like to have a sense of achievement after doing all the faction and hq , etc as well as the old raid content.
  8. Husvik Member

I doubt i'm going to bother for my SK, i've nailed the look i'm probably going to keep forever, i love it, it's who they are now.

Outside of appearance the only thing left would be for some sort of completionist feeling i imagine, which is totally fine, cool, as i know that all to well, like too well lol. Trying to keep in the new from now on i guess.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Well, after reaching lvl 75, I ended up boosting him. I'm so bad about that though, because I literally HATE the Plane of Magic timeline. I AM still going to try it, just for the look and completion aspect. The one thing I think I will hate doing is the faction. But I think I can live with that at 125.
  10. Husvik Member

Yeah for sure go for it, i wish i had the drive to do it.

Join the club on the boosts, lol, i'm no fan but i dunno i wanted all my toons capped before the week off so i could simple enjoy the new expac (finally), and with all that leveling ahead i boosted a few.

One was 100 (that one hurt, so close) and yeah i just couldn't do it, not yet again, it's all i've done since i returned, level cap toon after toon, was a leveling blur lol, although it was super fun leveling, just hit a point where it was, nope i can't.

Yeah one was about 34 so harvest level 170 to 625 whoa, and yeah it was easier to bring up the harvesting at 125, will be the same for faction.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Quick question, what did you all do for faction? Is it literally just quests for Terens Grasp, or is there anything you can kill?

(And same question for the city of Jisik or whatever in K Jungle.)
  12. Bramdar Active Member

The only way to get Teren's Grasp faction is to do the questline. I did these back in the original Kunark days for my SK, back when everyone had to do them to progress.

As far as I remember, it's the same for Jinisk - doing the questline is the fastest way to get the faction. KJ does have some repeatable faction quests, but they give a smaller amount of faction than the questline.

I've done a few of these questlines for prerequisites for other class epics more recently. They take time to complete, but not a huge amount of time (especially once the mobs are grey, and with the ability to fly.) You might still want to consider doing the sokokar questline too though, if you're like me and want to get from one side of the zone to another automatically.
    tasnee likes this.
  13. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yeah, the nice thing about the solokar line is that its part of the timeline, and it's very short in terms of being able to fly. I remember when they made it so you had to go look for them individually, they must have changed it.
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

Woo hoo, got it! :D
    Bramdar likes this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL Gratz!!!!
    tasnee likes this.
  16. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks, and thank you all for the help and info. It's a purdy sword too! Sorry to the devs, I should have posted this in the classes section, I kinda forgot it was there at the beginning.
    Twyla likes this.
  17. Maviarab Active Member

Grats!!! Thinking of finally doing this myself, how annoying/long was the Jinisk faction grind? Seems you get stuck on the questline around the 33k mark from my reading?

Still think is worth doing (I'm lv capped btw) just for the completionist aspect?
  18. Celestia Well-Known Member

I thought it was totally worth it. I liked it compared to some other epics, I think Pally got the short end of the stick. But SK wasn't so bad. The faction grind wasn't too bad. The Jinsik faction went a lot faster than the other faction, and I mean, you end up repeating a few faction quests, but it wasn't horrible.

And thanks!
    Maviarab likes this.
  19. Maviarab Active Member

Just to update, done...and dusted also.
    tasnee likes this.
  20. Celestia Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :D
    Maviarab likes this.