Shadowknight AA tree revamp suggestions (for new xpac)

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Xavion, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

All sk's please contribute to what youd like to see revamped tweaked and improved or removed for the aa tree for our class. Please reframe from mentioning tweaks and change to those nodes which is not those of sk related meaning all fighter based nodes and global nodes other fighters get. Also please label the aa nodes with the name and location to make finding it easier if devs wish to look this post over.

• (Shadowknight tree) Enhance Grim Harbringer: Add bonus damage or life tap as increased trigger rate doesn't affect this spell anymore.
    • (Shadowknight tree) Essence Siphon: The new 111+ version spell adds potency already maybe make this add some fervor instead of potency +5% fervor or some crit bonus or crit bonus overcap.
    • (Shadowknight tree) Pools of Blood: maybe just merge pooling blood node below it and pools of blood together effect wise and increase the max hp % and the unconscious health amount.
    • (Shadowknight tree) Unholy concentration: change this from strikethru to maybe a uncontested block or riposte or dodge or something of the sort
    • (Crusader tree) Divine Aura: Boost the damage reduction requirement from damage under 50% max hp to 100% max hp the fact is most of the damage that hits hard is well over 50% your max hp and the fact it wont work if its over 50% max hp means its a not much use. Making it work under all of your max hp makes this a good pick as a 500mil max hp player taking below 249mil damage is probly either healed already or not even happening enough to warrant using this. Should be more of a stoneskin with a small damage requirement.
    • (Shadows tree) Calvier's Call: maybe change the "adds 1.25% base damage heals taunts" to fervor or ca/spell fervor
    • (Shadows tree) Malevolent Protection: Increase the heal % and maybe add a small mitigation bonus or damage reduction to the heal side to balance the damage/threat side out. Maybe boost damage on this abit too
    • (Shadows tree) Knight Stance: Increase Weapon bonus damage by maybe a % of your block chance or shield protection stat to encourage the bonus of using a shield or just increase the wbd numbers.
    • (Shadows tree) Unholy Voracity: change to adds 10% Ability doublecast as the cast/reuse etc is already maxed for most people and this is the modern day equivalent.
    • (Shadows tree) Enhance Rescue: Add a temp 25% damage reduction or make it turn into a force target snap. Atm it legit does nothing since reuse cast etc is capped.
    • (Shadows tree) Battle Hardening: change to a (2% per rank) 10% physical damage reduction.
    • (Prestige Tree) Reapers Mist: increase damage and change the potency aspect to maybe fervor or a big increase to potency
    • (Prestige Tree) Chaos Cloud: Remove it from AA and just make it a new spell thats the upgrade to grave sacrament.
  2. Exotwo Member

SKs aas all already good, but Divine Aura needs improvement.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

SK AAs are absolutely terrible.
    Drona likes this.
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Divine Aura needs to be a 50% DR or increase the HP threshold on it. A 2.5 min recast temp deserves to be useful on more than heroic content.

I like the idea of a group only 10% ADC buff to Unholy Voracity. Would give SKs something that folks might actually care about in terms of buffs.

Cavalier's Call would be great as some sort of Fervor OC buff. One of those quality of life changes that allow SK to buff the raid in some sort of meaningful way other than 2900 STA.

In order for Malevolent Protection to be viable in any sense, they'd have to fix block. Running full evasion armor+Block jewelry and the best i've done for blocks was 9%. Until block is fixed, this spell is useless regardless of what they put on it.

Knight's Stance could be a base WDB buff IF shield equipped. Nothing crazy, but something to offset that we can't easily cycle a 2her for sword/board in a crunch like warriors can.

I feel like we can leave Enhance: Rescue alone so lower level players have something in that line they can utilize. I'd still take swinging strike over any short duration DR that Rescue would be likely to see since you should be getting more use from it.

Love the Battle Hardening idea. Phys DR is definitely a weak spot for SK and with only 2 usable stoneskins for large hits, that would help a lot.

Reaper's and Chaos Cloud definitely need to have their damage increased, especially if i'm gonna give up Chaotic Blade and an extra 10s of SK Furor for it. Even if only 1 of Chaotic/Furor were avail, i'd still take that line over Right side currently.

Now for individual thoughts:

Cavalier's Shout (Crusader Tree) needs to proc more or have the threat increased substantially. Even last xpac, the only reason I kept it was for the fighter rune damage.

Legionaire's Focus (Crusader Tree): Needs to add more ADC. It's currently only selected because I can't find ANYTHING else worth putting points in.

Knight's Leadership (Crusader Tree): Abyssmal buff, has not aged well at all. Needs a complete rework to augment whatever happens to Fearless Morale above.

Enhance AAs (SK Tree): Innorruk's Caress, Grim Harbinger, Soulrend, Hateful Slam are ALL equally worthless at 120. They do nothing to abilities that were inherently changed with BoL or aren't worth pushing to begin with.

Magical Pact (SK Tree): Have the final rank add 1 trigger to Bloodletter. Bloodletter is still a 4 minute recast, that's not too much to ask for considering you burn 2 triggers currently in .3s.

Blood Siphon (SK Tree): Make it work.

Zealous Smite (Heroic Tree): Allow it to cure raid level detriments. It's a 30s recast, it'll be ok if we can help healers with the ridiculousness that is curing these days.

That's what I've got for now off the top of my head. I'm sure I can come up with more, but I think those are the hugely glaring issues that would make SK a valued, effective tank again that doesnt just grab stuff other classes already do.
    Drona likes this.