Shadow Knights

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Soara, May 4, 2019.

1. Desetibrat Active Member

So far SK still feels underpowered comparing to my necromancer at the same levels. And btw, I just found out for necromancer (at level 40, shows you how bad and slow anti player I am lol) that necro also have that OH.

For now SK is still pretty squishy, but I'm only level 30 and not geared yet. So for now it does die easier than Necromancer did at lvl 30. I will now craft some stuff for him, jewelry, armor, totems, drinks, potions and such and it should be stronger. Although, so far looks like dropped items tend to be better than crafted... At these lower levels, I'm a little disappointed over crafted items on general. But at least you can get them all at once, with the drops you may not get them when you need them.

Back to SK. I think I'm just not playing him properly yet. And for now I didn't used any potions yet. I bet different kind of potions should make a difference. Like for health restore and such...Also I haven's crafted any skill upgrades for him yet. All I'm doing is, upgrading them those in game with the timer. Since I extended my trip in EU for a few more months and since computer is running hot while playing plus I have limited time, I'm everything doing in really slow, snail steps. I didn't look into upgrading trees yet either. But thinking of it, I probably don't need to look at them until higher levels, correct? I'm ignoring them with necro also and he is very survivable for now. (my understanding is, automatic leveling does pretty good job distributing skill points, or whatever those points are called?)

My plan is to level him to 40, where is already other toon, and then I can craft stuff for both of them at the same time and progress them slowly together.

Question: I have bad (none) analytical game skills to figure out which skills/spell/buffs are good and which are not worth investing time into upgrading (language barrier, no gaming experience barrier) I will ask a general question:

I will never group, well if I will it will not be for the reason to be a tank. In this case, do I need all those 'mitigation' skills & buffs? My guess is not, that's just for group play, to reduce aggro to other players and direct aggro to myself, correct

And sorry for late reply, I usually log into forums about once a week or so.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Desetibrat Active Member

Another SK question. Sometimes health regenerates, gets full as soon as I kill something. Sometimes it takes forever to fill up. So I have to wait say minute or so, before I can attack again, slows things down considerably. Don't remember necro had this kind of problems. Is there something I should be doing, to mitigate this?
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Well I don't believe it. Just takes time and a little effort.
    - I didn't look into upgrading trees yet either. But thinking of it, I probably don't need to look at them until higher levels, correct?
    - Yes, it's more interesting to know about it over time.
    - my understanding is, automatic leveling does pretty good job distributing skill points, or whatever those points are called?
    - No, these automatic leveling may not be optimal in specific cases.
    Stick to solo pattern if unsure.
    - I will never group, well if I will it will not be for the reason to be a tank. In this case, do I need all those 'mitigation' skills & buffs? My guess is not, that's just for group play, to reduce aggro to other players and direct aggro to myself, correct
    - No, need it anyway, but not equally.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Mitigation So that improve your mitigation on 24,54 lvs innoruuk's caress make grandmaster, keep it on), prefer defensive skills for your armor, prefer rune's of mending, parry, defense; in combat prefer heals caster skills (whenever possible improve them, raise), succulent totems and regeneration in auto use mode. Don't forget, more damage you do better you heal oneself (offenses - drain https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Shadowknight). Look at for focus your SK. What is said here is more meaning if you have race of your toon with not very strong physique. And now I ran with my SK further..
    Keep experimenting. It's not at all need that what I have said is optimal in your case. I am guided not so much by a victory, as for a survival :) , giving such recommendation..
    ps: use succulents when another is already optimized, because they are not cheap
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Desetibrat Active Member

Thank you. So I did guess/figure out few things correctly, good ;-)
    Most of my crafters are around 75-76 level, including woodworker, so soon I will be able to craft my own succulent totems.
    And thanks for the rest of the info, will watch out on proper gear.
    I mean, this SK is already OK, will play him, no problem, I just can't do: "lets cat walk on the keyboard and kills everything" thingie yet lol lol lol
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Desetibrat Active Member

"Mitigation is a method of reducing the loss of health from physical attacks. "

Ouch, so I DO need mitigation, thanks for the link, will start upgrading mitigation buffs also.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Please link your sk or name of your sk so can help further, also what are you fighting and at what lvl?
    Breanna likes this.