Shadow knight Solo/some grouping build

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Heplock, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Heplock New Member

As always, the title says it all. Can someone please be nice and explain more of the WHY I should do this or that in addition to the actual recommendations. Thanks in advance.
  2. Mahgnus Member

That is a very broad question, help me help you. Ask more specific questions and I'll be happy to answer them the best I can.

ex: Gear or AA's etc
  3. Heplock New Member

AA's. Specifically, the Crusader tab. What lines should I go down, which should I pick first, etc ?
  4. Mahgnus Member

5. Boli Active Member

tbh crusader's are pretty blessed with a decent crusader tree (compared to other classes)

aside from the "fearless Morale" line- you pretty much pick the 3 end lines you like the best of and spend the rest of the points in whatever else takes you fancy.

A few points:
    * Once geared up you can get away with only 1 point in crusader's faith
    * 8 points in recovery speed may not seem like it does a lot - but it really helps to cast your abilities faster.
    * Legionnaire's Conviction is handier than you think in later levels - watch your incoming damage type.
  6. KnightSkkaar Member

My SK's crusader tree is set up with the 1st, 3rd and last lines

1st line on the left, 10. 10. 6, 1
    middle: 10, 10, 10
    Last: 9, 10, 0, 0, 8

My SK has no issues basically murder balling numerous mobs at once. In the SK tree I took Reaver and once I found that its basically game over. Turning every spell ive got into a Life tap is amazing. Then other various sections in the tree add additional life tap power to other spells and my buffs. On top of that SKs get 2 life tap spells, one does 10%, another does 20%. THen that little 2% spell. Pretty much SKs have so mcuh self healing unless you cant cast for w/e reason, or get stunned alot, or the mob hits harder then you can heal, which is rare aside from some dungeon bosses, you can solo anything.

I run the Defensive stance for the additional armor protection, since my spells and overall damage is more then enough to kill mobs, ill take the 15% more armor over 20% more potency. It helps to allow me to murderball hordes of mobs w/o any real fear of dying. MIt is sitting, at lvl 80 at 6300 some, 65% reduction. 92.3% block.

Idk what the game is like 80+ but pretty sure SKs basically murder the world.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

SKs have a use for pretty much every stat so it can be difficult to get the balance right.

For heroic and harder things, like every tank, you'll want to concentrate on mitigation pieces.

For easier stuff like solo, it's best to sacrifice some of that mitigation for dps gear.

In an ideal situation you have a set of gear for each.

For both you want cast speed at 100 to cast your spells as quickly as you can and reuse at 100 so tgey refresh as quickly as possible.

I only play my SK in solo circumstances at the moment because I have a beserker that I play in groups. So I'm concentrating on potency, double cast and soft capping my autoattack stats (dps mod, attack speed and MA).

I use a two hander with mitigation as I don't need block from a shield. I like to have as high as possible mitigation but I do sacrifice it to keep my soft caps up. A good aim for solo is 14-15k mit with all the other stats soft capped.

I don't worry too much about AE auto as we have so many AE spells instead, but it would be nice to be at cap.

I use dps purple adorns on my solo gear, except for bp (mitigation always) and shoulders (flurry or double cast) . For tank gear I'd use the health ones, with block on shoulders. My autoattack stats take a massive hit then.