Shadow Knight basic AA builds

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Greedon, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Greedon Active Member

Having reached 71 with my SK I am wondering if I should research any AA builds? Is there a benefit to a custom AA build? Mostly play duo with a friend and an occasional pick up group.

I have used the ingame basic solo or group AA since starting him. Also I have looked at some builds on EQ2U with some confusion. Builds seem to go for STR/STA others go for STA/AGI or even a few STA/WIZ.

With STR being the main attribute for SK I don't understand how AGI and WIZ is a help. How do the "off?" stats help, if anyone can explain this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks all,

G.
  2. Tajar Well-Known Member

It's not really about the stat itself, but the individual abilities that may be desired in each line.
  3. Darksavanna Active Member

One thing is builds are 95 are gonna differ then sub 95 builds. After 95 gear will max either reuse, casting speed, haste(attack speed does convert to flurry so not really maxed but weapons won't swing faster) at 100. Because of this people may not take the str line.

A good decent leveling grouping build is
    Str sta. Wiz or int. Agi
    10. 10. 2. 1
    10. 2. 10. 4
    2. 10. 10
    2. 2. 2

In sentnials fate I put 2 in the agi 6 sta and 8 int
    I only put 1 point in the final ability because I see no diff between 1 pt or 2
  4. Mahgnus Member

This is a good start and explanation from Darksavanna.

The OP will want to take into consideration that looking at AA builds on lvl capped crusaders will wont give you an accurate representation of AA's for your current lvl as Dark mentioned int he above post.

These are a couple of AA's I would consider "must haves" in the KoS tree prior to lvl cap.

1. Melee crit maxed (sta line)
    2. AoE auto maxed (agi line)
    3. Legionnaires Wrath maxed (int line)

Op, you'll want to focus on offensive stats such as these if you primary solo and duo with a friend.

If you have more questions there is a WW SK channel that you can always ask for help in.

just type this command

/joinchannel guk.sk

or you or anyone else can send me a tell @ butcherblock.mahgnus if this doesn't answer all your questions
  5. Greedon Active Member

Thanks guys appreciate the info, this is much easier to understand. I joined the channel you suggested. What is the KoS line?

Thanks again,

G.
  6. Mahgnus Member

KoS stand for Kingdom of Sky which was the 2nd x-pac which first introduced AA's to EQ2. Its the first tree in your AA tab with 5 vertical trees.

It may not be referred to as KoS anymore in game since some of the terminology has changed with each progressive x-pac.
  7. Greedon Active Member

Doh! I should have known that, geez.
  8. Saute New Member

Mahgnus: would you be willing to put your AA spec on EQ2u?
  9. Mahgnus Member

Sry for the slow reply

No worries it happens!

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/871879264577

Each of my 3 specs are named accordingly.

Defensive- Full defensive tank mode

1/2n1/2 - Offensive tank mode (I'm in this stance about 80%) of the time

Deeps - Little to no chance at tanking anything. This is speced and meant to be used along with Reck stance (hasn't been updated really since AoM)

One thing to make sure anyone takes into consideration when viewing my profile is that my specs are suited to my needs. (Ex: Gear, reforging, group etc) So if you see something that is appears to be all wonky, just ask

If you've got any questions let me know. This forums is in desperate need of some stimulation of topics
  10. Saute New Member

Thank you for sharing your specs. That Qeynos Claymore is an awesome appearance item. Will have to run the questline to pick it up.
  11. Mahgnus Member

Nps!

Yeah I love the Claymore. It's still a pain to get I've not seen may ppl with it. Since it was crappy item when it was released, most old tanks took the shield instead.

I think the Claymore looks really good with a few growth items :D

Thats a normal size ogre and dark elf standing next to me :cool:

[IMG]

[IMG]