Fixed Internally Shadow Harvesting now more broken? Buff falls off after first harvest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cooriador, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Cooriador Member

After today's patch I tried Shadow Harvesting again and did get the buff for 30 minutes now, but as soon as I harvested my first Shadowed node, the buff fell off and couldn't be recast again for 2 hours.
  2. Adept Active Member

It is so useless - never got a rare with 5 minutes to harvest, have no expectation of anything with a single harvest every 2 hours. Isn't this the exact opposite of what patch notes claimed?
    Argosunited, Udonn and chattie like this.
  3. Cooriador Member

I tried it with a 2nd toon to confirm it and had the same experience (that the buff fell off after the first harvest). I thought maybe it was the "duration changing to 30 seconds after a harvest" part of the staff that was now working, but it was literally a second or 2 after the harvest that I lost the buff.
    chattie likes this.
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

So one node every two hours, sounds awesome o_O They really really really dont want anyone to upgrade spells this expac, cant get the books needed now cant get the rares, I take that back well maybe in like 2 yrs.
    chattie likes this.
  5. Arcos Active Member

As posted in general forum:
    This was always the likely problem with DB making a correction. The original idea, however stupid, was that the buff reduces to 30 seconds after one pull. Stupid for a 5 minute buff - even more stupid for a supposed 30 minute buff if that buff only last the few seconds it takes to get a single non-rare shadowed harvest.

Come on Daybreak - how much more can you offend your playerbase?
  6. Morddred New Member

didn't even get a chance to look for a second node... this system is the worst
    Descord, PurpleChicken and Kuulei like this.
  7. chattie Well-Known Member

Its useless before it became useful :p It is beyond me by someone takes a system that has worked for eons and breaks it for no reason other than they decided to make it more difficult...I still haven't gotten over the loss of my pack pony that I quested for and then someone had a hairbrained idea to just remove its usefulness because they thought life on Norrath had become too easy. I liked my pack pony and now hes become obsolete and just follows me around until holidays when he feels useful and wanted again. I could just cry at what they are doing to this beloved game.
  8. Arcos Active Member

What's wrong with your pack pony - is he sick or something? Mine is just fine and regularly returns BoL rares.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Rdy2rock Member

Pack pony is definitely fine. Did you do the additional gathering quest that allowed the pony to get rares? If I remember right it was the one that ended in Cardin Ward in Obulus Plains. The pony was a bit gimped before that.

The shadow harvesting isn't fine. As a matter of fact it absolutely sucks. Can't wait for more good ideas from these guys.

~Rdy2rock
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It no longer harvests when out with you. Sure you get a random message, but it doesn't actually pick anything up in BoL zones and it flat out doesn't harvest or even send a message in sinking sands. Don't believe me? Go empty you bags of harvest and wander around BoL zones (resist the urge to harvest and just let your pony attempt to harvest for 10 minutes or so and let us know what your pony found)
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Please fix this. All you've done is make it worse.
  12. Arcos Active Member

Tested today and can confirm what you said - pack pony says he finds bonus harvest but nothing appears in bags. Unless he's now adding the bonus harvests to the stuff he's gathering there is a definite bug.
    Cyrrena and Kuulei like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You will need to start a separate bug thread for the pack pony or it will be lost. They will only look at the first post for the actual bug being reported and the upvotes on that post.
    Breanna, Kuulei and Dude like this.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member