Shadow Harvesting 101 (after Jan 9 patch)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Niami DenMother, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Bisquette, Yenk, Sious and 11 others like this.
  2. Catin of Runnyeye Member

Great Work. Thanks DenMother
    Yenk, Xianthia, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. morderir Active Member

thank niami :)

time to redo my own article on shadow harvest for the third ( and i hope last) time
    Xianthia, Breanna and Niami DenMother like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thank you!
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Rares used in shadow recipes are:
    • shadowed primal luclizite shards for armorer and weaponsmith
    • shadowed rockhopper hide and shadowed jumping creeper for tailors (cloaks are using hides)
    • shadowed humming sapphire gem for jeweler
    • shadowed wracked wood wedge for woodworker
    • shadowed hardened zelniak pelt for mount gear
  6. Arcos Active Member

Thanks Niami :)
  7. Rebelde Active Member

Thank you Niami :)
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Thank you, Mom.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Thank you very much.
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

Good job, thank you Mum! :)
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

What everyone else said ;) Thanks!!!!
    Soara2, Xianthia and Niami DenMother like this.
  12. Perciful Active Member

Thank you Niami... I am not sure that I am doing something right or my luck is just bad. I am following your guide and after many harvests I have yet to find a shadow rare or raise the skill above the 25 given after sig line. Question, a Shadow Prospecting ability was added to my knowledge book during the sig line. I scribed it and added it to my hot bar. Not sure if I am supposed to be using that ability as part of the shadow harvesting process. I cannot get the ability to work anywhere. Assuming that I am harvesting correctly and that my luck is just bad - would adding shadow prospecting gear to my mount improve my chances? I just want to see the skill move up at this point. Thanks for what you do!
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The ability is passive and doesn't level up. It just gives you a chance to harvest an orb (lore) which gives another shot at shadow harvesting when your staff is down.
    You need to crank up your particles to see the shadow nodes in overland Luclin zones. Then you have 30 minutes to find a node and 30s to harvest nodes after you start harvesting (better to wait to see a stack of shadowed nodes somewhere)
    Perciful and Finnwizz like this.
  14. Arcos Active Member

And just in case you didn't quite understand you need to use the two-hander you received at the end of the TS sig line not the ability in your knowledge book. Equip it and drag the icon for the 2 hander to your hot bar and click it. The 30 minutes looking time starts and when you harvest your first shadow node the timer drops to 30 seconds.
    Perciful and Breanna like this.
  15. Perciful Active Member

Thank You. I think I am on right track now.
  16. Sious Member

thanks for sharing lots of good info there !
  17. Gnomfu Active Member

Anyone else notice you only get rares now when you harvest. I haven't done any shadow harvesting in weeks because I don't have any recipes, but decided to try it before quitting tonight. I got 3 harvests from the first node and was able to get 2 from a 2nd before the buff wore off. I checked my pack and all 5 were rare.
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

It's not 100%, but certainly an increased chance. I continue to get shadowed commons on my runs. But then I have a hate/hate relationship with the RNG.
    Bludd likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're all TAGGED as rare, but I'm still getting roughly 50/50 shadowed common/shadowed rare split.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Gnomfu Active Member

No 2nd shadow node near me when I finished the first, so I harvested a normal node and got glass orb of swirling shadows from it. Does this mean I can craft something else with the shadow harvest skill on it and not use the staff or is it simply a refresh of the buff and I can use it

\aITEM -546525591 -1618187286:Glass Orb of Swirling Shadows\/a

Maybe we can make a white adorn with it