Shades of Drinal: Skies of Red bug

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by dullneedles, Aug 11, 2019.

1. dullneedles New Member

Hello all, I actually posted this same thread last year around halloween and here I am with the same progression blocking bug on a different character. o_O

I'm at the same point in the quest, place Gulthga's remains upon the rock before you enter Throne of Fear to get the update. I've walked around that room, gone in and out of instance (which is cleared from previous quest and still in the lockout period), camped, relogged, played other characters, waited a day, tried to reset instance but there is no stone to place anything on. Devs had supposedly changed quest to update more readily outside the instance but this is the second time this has happened to my characters, so it's definitely still present in the game.

The only way I got it to update on my other character was to wait out the lockout on the instance. (I think I waited at least a week, perhaps I'm remembering wrong) I've gone on to Obol Plains to see if I could just pick up the new zone's quests, but since Drinal's Steward is still hanging out by the tourbillion, patiently waiting for me to tell him the fear gate is closed, I cannot move on to quest in the following zone. Which I find a little aggravating that I will probably have to shelf this character for days while I wait out the lockout. Can somebody mark that part of the quest as complete so I can move on, or does anybody know of a good place for a 95 to level until I can drop off this dead octopus? :p
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

There are actually 2 instances for that I know because I kept going in the wrong one doing the same thing. Are you sure you are going in the correct instance.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  3. dullneedles New Member

The update is supposed to happen before you go into the instance. The part of the quest where it says to enter instance is checked off, so I went into the correct one, but it's stuck on the next part because I can't progress because I never dropped the amygdalen before I went inside so it won't go any further. :confused:
  4. RayH New Member

Breanna nailed it, but I still didn't get it. I did the advanced solo instance and so I kept going back to that looking for the stone to place the body on, but as she said there are 2 instances, you need to go to the other one and the stone will be slightly to the right in the center circle once you zone in.