Shader 3.0 before & After

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist, May 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Really looking forward to this, especially #1 as I had to switch shader 3.0 off in the hole as my party wasn't too impressed as I ran past several mobs in the dark :)
    Two things that do bother me though, are the odd transparent textures I see here and there, I assume anything transparent is putting double the load on the graphics since no back face culling can be performed?
    And the second one is simpler, its probably too much to ask but it would be good if there was a way to know when something has been bugged or not, I've /bugged quite a few odd graphical errors but without the feedback I'm not sure if they are going anywhere, I guess for a game of this size though its tough to implement any sort of feedback.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hypnotoad Guest

Living Tombs - Residence Court - Residence Prowlers - Their color is bright green instead of a ghostly white.
    Fulginate Brigadine Chestguard - Front half of armor light orange instead of orange. Back half orange as in shader 1.0. Dropped in Lavastorm.
  3. ARCHIVED-Methrill.Rundran Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Wizard_Thoarin Guest

did the patch for the fost rimmned chair and shader 3.0 go in with the update today (6-10-2010)?
  5. ARCHIVED-Fendaria Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Has the darkness issue been pushed live? Please don't forget about it. I have max lights turned way up and still can barely see some places.

I've also had some issues where things textured with white 'frosting' (ala everfrost ice floors, etc) turn to giant patches of very bright white when looked at from high angles (a distance). It looks really bad when the floor is a bright white and cave walls are dark.

Fendaria
  6. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Whither Imago? *looks far and wide*
  7. ARCHIVED-awnya2 Guest

I would imagine he is busy, since he is the only one working on this =/

Also, I really really tried to use Shader 3 but there were just too many glitches, soo... back to shader 1 for now, until it is really ready :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Reiisha Guest

Aside from whites/greys looking almost like black in shader 3.0, i noticed that lights inside houses are somehow not working properly. Lights like torches etc doesn't cast any light unless you're within ~1 meter or so, and the lighting settings have no effect whatsoever aside from the personal torch and ambient lighting. Without ambient lighting, the interior of my house was almost black, despite the rather large amount of lights strewn about.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tulcoJovI

To show what i'm talking about. The recording was a hell of a lot brighter than the game for some reason, no idea why.