Shade root (and such)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Celestia, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

So, this guy in my guild has been helping me get my epic 2.0 spells up from apprentice. He commissions it and has me give him this stuff like shade root, etc. I'm wondering where it comes from. Because he said he farms it, so I wanted to help out but he didn't tell me. Anyone?

What is this stuff and where do you find it? (If anything out of curiosity.)
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

From the harvestable Kunark Plants around Obulus Frontier. KA didn't have new common nodes, but they did have new rare nodes. One of the possible harvests is the Shaderoot. They can also be harvested daily from the Tradeskill Garden you get when you give up the harvesting goblin.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh! Thanks! I just wanna be able to help him out for being so awesome about it. Good to know.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Laughing Owl Active Member

As a slight update you have to do the Crafting Sig line, to be able to harvest the 'Shadeweave Bud' in Obulus Frontier to get the materials needed.

Also as mention if you trade you Gathering Goblin in, for the Garden, once it is fully grown, you can harvest it once per day for 1 Shadweave material (and a chest of CD, Pop, or Luclin mats).

But the main way folks that do it regularly, is use Twark Totem (from crafter questline) to port to Obhulus Frontier, then go harvest the 12 or so nodes that are up in the zone... Then come back in 30-60 minutes and do again....
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Sounds rather limited amounts harvesting that way. Think I'd prefer the Gardening Goblin method. I have been meaning to trade in one of my Gathering Goblins for a Gardening Goblin, particularly with one of my 3 Characters who also has the Gathering Pony from Quo's Mom in Isle of Mara. Think I will definitely do that now with one of them.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Um, how is 1 item per day from the garden less limited than 12 an hour from doing it yourself?