SH to merge with AB

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Springelf, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Springelf Active Member

I sure hope we get transfer tokens to other servers then AB.

Not that it really matters. Live is a different game really.

Sigh.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Tajar Well-Known Member

I would imagine the tokens go anywhere, being as they are forcing a merge anyway.
  3. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

*sigh* well I'm gonna start deleting my Stormhold toons now then. I may keep my highest 3 girls, not that they won't be ages behind everyone else when they're forced onto live servers.
    Rozyn likes this.
  4. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Great, they are merging 2 dead servers. I play on AB and it barely has a pulse. Merging SH and AB won't help any one. They should let SH players transfer to the live server of their choice and merge AB with the Skyfire server, but I realize that would make more sense. :(
    Dude and Zeddicious like this.
  5. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Hm yeah this is a bummer, but I guess it's better than leaving SH to rot. It's hard to feel like SH and FG aren't just gimmicky servers when they're eventually just merged into Live though. As if Live is the 'real' game and we're paying to enjoy temporary servers. I understand it's difficult to put SH characters onto FG, but my highest SH is only in her 50s with no AA. I would totally have taken the option to transfer to FG and have gear and, extra levels, and AA's stripped or transfer to Live and keep it all. And especially with how ridiculous the xp gain on FG is, it's hard to feel like I haven't wasted time and money when in two years these characters will be as good as deleted.

I really hope they can figure out how to retain players and interest with Fallen Gate, because I'm not doing this again and I'm not interested in being light-years behind the grind on Live. I really like the TLE, but I think this is another 'SH is beta' experiences where hopefully DBG can learn how to do it better with FG. I dunno how EQ1 does it, but I have TLE guildies here taking breaks and playing over there lol, maybe they have some answers?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. jessejames Active Member

I don't see what they can do. I think most people who like TLE agree expansions after RoK weren't all that good. Unless they stop after rok and give us something different which i don't see happening. I personally will probably play until then and quit for a while and hope the game is still around when I want it.
  7. Season Active Member

I'm baffled by what anyone expected to happen with a Progression server. This is pretty much how it always goes in every game. Old players play til it gets to the poitn that they feel the game changed and they die.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

They say they are giving transfer tokens which I would assume would be like all the times before where you can transfer to the server of your choice. I also assume the AB server merge is for toons that don't use a transfer token to go to a server. That is how they have handled it before. What varies is when you get the transfer token. It might be before the merge with AB or after the merge.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Yeah I definitely won't pretend to have the answers. It's a tough situation. I know a lot of people say just lock it at a certain expansion then offer xfers. I am curious what EQ1 does that keeps it so popular and people constantly returning for TLEs. Bums me out this game doesn't have that kind of support and popularity.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Aezazal Member

Previously it has been that the initial transfer tokens allow you to go anywhere. If you don't do the transfer by a certain date, it will send you to the selected server. I would expect this to be the same this time, unless they've specifically said differently, but I haven't seen that.

I like TLE servers, but there probably isn't "room" for several to run at the same time. SH lasted for a good 2 years, but as others have said, the interest dies off over time, and some are just there for the Live incentives.

In any case, I think 1 server can continue indefinitely. Progression guilds lasted for a long time before these servers came along, and they ran pretty much like the servers do. People would come and go, and exit to current content at a point where the old content was no longer interesting to them. However, there was always a core group that stayed and really enjoyed it and kept it alive.
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

EQ1 just sucks less? Maybe. I haven't played EQ1 as my main game since LDoN, though I do pop in from time to time and am now playing on Agnarr. I think part of it is that EQ1 never suffered the ongoing identity crisis that EQ2 has pretty much always had. EQ2 is a game that always kept changing its mind as to what it wanted to be and it's resulted in a game that's barely recognizable from what it started out as.

I think one of the reasons people look back so fondly on the KoS/EoF/RoK era, besides the game just flat out being better, is that the game had found itself and had it's own identity under Scott Hartsman's direction. Since he sold his soul to Trion, the game has been through one identity crisis after another; changing almost completely from expac to expac while simultaneously trying to appease all demographics. Is EQ2 for the casual player who likes to solo? Is it for the hardcore raider? Who is the target audience for this game, does anyone know? Will it change in November again?

It makes it hard to stay invested in the game. I swear this is the only MMO I've played where the thought of the next expansion fills me with apprehension instead of excitement.
    Mizgamer62 and Bekkr like this.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't think the problem is quality of expansions, it was the way that they were implemented on stormhold that drove players away.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Greene Active Member

No, FG just pretty much crushed it. There was still a decent amount of activity on SH (though we lost a TON with the KoS overtunedness that drove away a few raid guilds). But there's only so many EQ2 players, and people want to play on a server that has a vibrant community and actual functional economy.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Simparri Active Member

Frankly, if they merge SH over to AB I'll simply delete my SH toons & use their slots to make new toons on FG.
    Rozyn likes this.
  15. jessejames Active Member

they should consider merging all the SH merging threads
    Dude and ConcealFate like this.
  16. Tabbyclouds Member

Just a couple of questions about SH/AB merge and tokens.

If we wait to be merged with AB am I correct in remembering from previous mergers that our GH goes with us? But that if I use the free transfer tokens that are going to be implemented to go to a different server, I will lose it?

Also, can't remember what happens about broker/personal houses etc. Do we have to empty them all, lose prestige houses etc?

Am hoping for an official FAQ type thing at some point, but just looking for info to help me decide where to go. Am quite saddened by it all as I have been quite happy pottering about on a very quiet server but love the game so much that it won't cause me to leave. Even though I have no desire to be on Lives and already have a large amount of characters on Thurgadin. I am thinking I might like to go to IoR but won't if that means losing GH etc.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
  17. Liliun Member

I have zero interest in playing on a live server. I had assumed that SH would eventually be merged onto FG, but I never thought they would put my characters onto a live server. I deleted characters on live to play on TLE. I get SH is dead now, but this isn't an answer for the time and funds I put into progression characters. I can't bite the "this is tough" stuff. I can't sit back and shrug off all the market items I purchased on SH and just delete those characters, but I KNOW I'll never play them on live. If I had wanted to play live, I just wouldn't have deleted those characters to begin with.

And I have to wonder, what about in 18 months from now on FG? They decide to make another TLE, we just flush what we are working on now? These aren't supposed to be event type servers where you know everything is temporary, but they are treating them as though they are. I just can't put any more time or money into a game that they will just decide in essence to coerce you to start with a clean slate again, or suddenly decide to play on live with one of my lower level, much younger TLE character rather than my much higher level characters that are already on those servers. My characters on SH are sitting right now, but that doesn't mean I abandoned them with no intention of not doing anything with them again. If I had, I would have just deleted them the day FG opened.
    Mizgamer62 and Rozyn like this.
  18. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I never played on SH and only briefly on FG....was the xp gain just as slow on SH as it is on FG?

and if the answer is no, wouldn't that make any type of transfers ((which quite a few people are suggesting)) to FG be extremely unfair (even at lvl 50) to the current population that ground out their toons already?
  19. Rozyn Well-Known Member

More unfair than someone who can afford to stack group/vit/xp pots? Meh, the 'fair' argument holds no water with the cash shop. The xp was a little bit faster on SH, but not even close to where it is on Live, you still had to earn it. What'd be fair is for people who invested time and money into SH to get a chance to play those characters again on an active server - because lvl 50-90 on Live is dead too. But alas, it's just arguing to argue at this point. I do hope someone in charge is reading these responses and getting ideas for FG two years down the road though.
    Mizgamer62 and ConcealFate like this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

I really wish they would wait, and allow transfers to FG from SH instead! It makes a lot more sense, even if we have to wait until expansions unlock to join in.