SG: Tavalan Abyss (EM) - Overlord Talan

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mohee, May 17, 2013.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Well the mythicals can be an upgrades. ;) Also, a lot of the loot is tradable, and some of the jewelry can be nice for alts.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Thanks! A lot of things have been missing/hidden from Patch Notes lately. Is this something we should grow to expect more? Or just a minor slip up. (Skyshrine Level Requirement being most prominent).

Pretty sure you could do this zone in EM Raid gear with competent players, and then Ears would be an upgrade from 1st named, Wrists from 2nd, the armor needs looking at imo, but the jewelery in the zone is alright.
    Last named drops the Wrist which is an upgrade to anyone, and the weapons, while they aren't fantastic, aren't totally awful. An easy fix I think could be to add red slots to last named weapons rather than yellow (Don't have to come with runes, just red slots), and armor maybe could have red slots added too.

Above fixes could bring this zones loot in line with difficulty, but its probably easier to just nerf the mobs... 2nd Named hit extremely hard and are probably hardest named in zone by a long way.
  3. Mohee Active Member

I still feel this zone is far more difficult for its intended audience, and when I say intended audience, I judge that by the gear that comes out of the zone and previous heroic zones (not raid zones). A group shouldn't have to be fully decked out in raid gear to do a heroic zone that only has a couple potentially very slight upgrades here and there. I'd still like to see a group of SoE employees try this zone wearing nothing but gear from previous heroic zones. Or heck, even in steward gear I bet they couldn't do it (everyone in steward gear, tank, healer, dps... all of em). Thats all I'm sayin lol
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I did it the other day with a brig as primary DPS and me on my mystic, and the mystic sports a lot of legendary gear. That said, yes I think it IS intended to be done by raid-geared players, but I also say there ARE upgrades. There's the mythicals and there's the scout Rancor-like wrist. My only real beef is that only melee are getting getting the love from these items, would be nice to see a caster version of them.

But yes chances are it's mostly being run by people who are doing SLR but I have no problem with that.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually they probably can, they know the in's/out's of the bosses. I have taken a mediocre group in there and the only problem was we didn't know how to remove Mindschorcher's Touch of Thule melee buff. Had we been able to do that we probably could have killed it, our healer couldn't heal through the damage (20-30K procs).
  6. Mindsway Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the first named and his red text, I think you only have to joust away from the named? If it's like the solo version at least.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Talking the Heroic Version. I can kill him Solo as he does have a joust, the heroic just seems to spawn unavoidable adds and have that melee buff on him. Most groups I take in there can heal/burn through it... go figure DPS avoiding a script, that's nothing new.