SG: Tavalan Abyss (EM) - Overlord Talan

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mohee, May 17, 2013.

1. Mohee Active Member

I stated this in a different thread, but thought it might need its own to get dev attention easier.

Pets in the EM version can and do get hit by the uncurable curse.

Doesn't seem right that Fighters and Priests can get hit by the uncurable. We had many occasions with just 1 healer, our healer got hit with the curse multiple times in a row and had to joust out. A tank only has so many tools to survive so long without a healer. Unless you have incredible luck, you almost have to have 2 healers for this boss. Same deal for the fighter getting hit. This can happen multiple times in a row (which it did for us a few times) and forcing everyone to move far away from the tank (including the healer(s)) spells death.

Please remove luck elements from heroic (specially EM heroic) zones.

I'd also like to add pretty much everyone in our guild is so disappointed in the loot, chances of us revisiting this zone is about 0.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

Yea it seemed they fixed the pets in the HM zone only :p
    still doable with the twins hp lowered, but still annoying that no pets allowed
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I can't see it was intended to have the EM mob having it hitting pets too. Could use fixing please.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

5. Mohee Active Member

I just figured since that thread the OP asking specifically just for the strat of the zone (even though I gave more info than just the strat) my idea behind creating this other thread was specifically to discuss the bugs that still remain in this zone. Not the strat. :)
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

That is fine, I felt that they are somewhat connected so that post was required.

If we are talking pure strat, well I feel maybe Death-curse needs s smidge more delay before the check simply because of Fighter/Priests getting it.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Ran it tonight yes the gear is this side of garbage...last name needs adjustments...the curse landing on pets is really annoying and was discussed on the thread started for the HM version...my guess tunnel vision on devs part ignoring those who repeatedly stated the EM version needed fixing as well.

Side issues: add about 1-2 seconds more on the delay to the clone adds healing the named...maybe the zone was bugged but the adds basically healed the name as soon as they popped no matter how fast the tank was which basically was a waste of our time. This is Easy Mode not challenged and with all due respect the reward is seriously lacking for the risk on this named.
  8. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yes confirmed that detrimentals still landing on pets in EM. Devs please fix asap. :(
    Estred likes this.
  9. Gninja Developer

Trying to fix for curse hitting pets into this week's hotfix.
    Mindsway likes this.
  10. Ludilly Member

Did this make it into the hotfix? I did not see it in the notes, and it's pretty much impossible for a normal group to kill EM Talan (even when eliminating pets) with this bug randomly wiping people.
  11. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It's still bugged. Until they fix this then no one's going to want to run the EM zone, and few can run the HM one so it's kinda sad.
  12. Ludilly Member

Yeah, went in and tried. Actually first pull went kinda ok until suddenly the uncurable nox killed everyone. After that, could not last more than a minute before it hit everyone ... just seems random.
  13. Crychtonn Active Member

The un-curable noxious is a fail effect ;)
  14. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yeah incurable nox is from the arcane not being cured fast enough, you only have like 3 seconds to cure it. Also you can't cast beneficial effects when you have it so healers can't cure themselves.
  15. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH on EM encounter the nox needs to be curable...even then the fight is still challenging enough but only if they fix the darn problems with the script !

What's funny is we can run the HM version with little to no issues so why is it they dropped the ball on the EM version of the zone?
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Just needs pet fix then it'll be fine. It won't be a simple fight, but it won't be too difficult once people work it out. In the same way Dozekar or Sevelak were back in SS, or Temple was back in DoV
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Guessing this didn't make it in this week? Or just not in patch notes? Not been back to try as it'll just induce rage.
  18. Mindsway Well-Known Member

19. Gninja Developer

It was indeed fixed. Not sure why the patch notes weren't updated. It's been fixed for a week or so now.
    Mindsway likes this.
  20. Mohee Active Member

Thanks for the fix. Unfortunately, the time and difficulty of this zone does not match the rewards.
    Also the HM version of the zone is the same.

I challenge SoE to do the HM version of the zone in a group of devs/other staff with toons that are wearing a full set of gear that is NOT better than the loot that drops there. (I.E. Anything that drops is an upgrade).

Accept the challenge or admit SG:HM is strictly a zone meant for SLR. :cool:
    Vids or it didnt happen. :cool: