Services are on Sale! (3/15-3/17)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Balbasur Active Member

Inelastic - Server Xfer tokens, should have just kept prices the same
    Inelastic - Race change potions, should have just kept price the same
    Inelastic - Name change potions, should have just kept price the same

Elastic - Charecter slots, should have decreased price by 50% IMO

I honestly hope this was just a case study by the Marketing Department.
  2. Taemisa Active Member

Sorry, Sony, 25%+ off is a sale, 10% off is an irritation.

Nice screenshot though.
    Kinya and Absyntheea like this.
  3. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Count me among the disappointed..Sales used to generally mean 50% or more off.. but 10%..why even bother?
  4. Skwor Active Member

O.M.G ! Seriously? People complaining now the sale isn't "saley" enough and should be a higher discount!? o_O

I am guessing if all you who are disappointed with this discount ever received a million dollars you would complain it was all green and wrinkled! :rolleyes:
  5. Taemisa Active Member

Give me a million dollars and find out. :p
  6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I don't usually make a habbit of *fussing* over what is rather like a freebie..(I mean a sale does mean a portion is free, regardless of how much), but I was planning on buying something I didn't need right now, but would in the future. I just didn't think 10% was enough since I didn't need it now. Rather wait until I actually did need it (server transfer) and mebbe something better might come along beforehand!
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

We are disappointed because its the worst sale they have ever had to my knowledge.
    To post on forums, tweet and FB this "sale" making it out to be "O.M.G. we are having a sale" and finding out its the worst sale they have ever offered for services, just is so disappointing.

/continues to hoard her SC for a "real' sale
  8. Mae- Well-Known Member

The thing is, they constantly have stuff on sale. For them to make a big announcement to draw attention to this particular sale is odd, as its no different than their normal sales. Maybe just cuz its on services, but meh... its still just a normal sale. Its like WalMart advertising a HUGE St. Patrick's Day sale, and they just have the ugly t-shirts and broken hats left.
  9. VeilShard Active Member

Yeah, I don`t even bat an eye at a 10% sale, this is really kind of silly to even advertise it. Just throw it in the game and people will notice it.
    Unless its 40%+ why bother..
  10. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Really? I don't care one bit what shape a million dollars is as long as it's mine.. and this compares to a very sorry excuse for a sale....how?
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

More like: Over the years I've spent many hundreds of dollars on the game, including lots on server transfers. It would not have killed them to offer 2 days of actual savings on these services compared to that. It's more like SoE getting millions of dollars from us and saying "oh here, you can have this dollar".

I agree with other posters, just do this kind of discount. Don't announce it like it's a big deal, because it's not.
  12. Skwor Active Member

I hate to break it to many here but SoE is not lead by a bunch of "Dicken's Scrooges" smoking fat cigars and counting zillions of dollars in excess profits stolen from the "noble hard working honest people. Truth is they are business men looking to keep the profits maximized while trying to market a product and maintain a good customer relation. Which in turn will continue to create desirable products for us to hopefully enjoy.

Are product prices are designed to maximize profit, yes. They are not designed to cheat you out of money. SoE knows the value of their product and what sales they can afford and when to do them. Asking for better discounts always makes sense, accusing the seller of trying to rip you off when they provide a discount demonstrates and feeling of entitlement. The true greed falls upon those making such accusations more so than those selling a product they develop and own.
  13. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Sure, just let me fire up the Xerox and print, would you like that in one dollar bills or how about in copies of pennies?

Can't believe - well yes I can that people would complain about the discount, do you also go to target, macy's and other retail outlet to complain that their sale discount is to low?
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think the complaint is that the discount is low.. I think the comment is that the hype about the event exceeded the level of the discount.
  15. Skwor Active Member

Split that hair any finer and it will loose locality (it is a physics joke :cool: )
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Target, Macy's and other retail outlets don't have forums lol...but yeah. If I go to Macy's and an item is 'on sale' for 10% off, I consider it cheap of them (considering their markups are 100% if not more), I don't usually buy the item, and I think of the 'sale' attempt mockingly.

It's a fairly transparent way to push something they are trying to get rid of - without actually offering a real discount.
  17. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

those retail chains may not have dedicated corporate run forums, but you can bet they have areas where they are discussed in social sites.

So you think when Best Buy (yes they do have dedicated forums) a brand new Hitachi TV for 10 percent off the price it is not actually offering a discounted price and it is cheap of them. The entitled methodology is making into the fantasy world......

"It's a fairly transparent way to push something they are trying to get rid of - without actually offering a real discount."

You really believe they are trying to get rid of the services like extra character slots, transfer tokens and other service related items? Seems like it from what you wrote
  18. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You think they are calling attention to them and offering 10 Percent off out of the goodness of their hearts?
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Well...closer to say that its location won't be able to be known, if that hair gets split any finer*. :p

* (Unless you are referring to a different principle.)
  20. Tineren Active Member

Umm, you guys do realize that services are pretty much always excluded from their other sales right? It's really kind of funny. If you go back and read the threads for previous sales announcements they are full of posts from people whining that services are excluded. Now they finally have a sale on services and people whine that the discount is too small.