Servers population

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by savemylife, Sep 11, 2019.

1. savemylife New Member

I'm currently playing on Skyfire and I'm looking for a server transfering to a more populated server.
    To track server population I use the link from main page https://www.daybreakgames.com/status?locale=en_US#eq2
    As far as I see Majul is the most populated server as it keeps "medium" population ~7-8 hours per day(in comparisson to Skyfire which does only ~2.5h).
    But I wonder if there is any better way to track server population? Or at least, what are "low", "medium", "high" borders?
    I'm just wondering if it's really worth spending 20k DBC and what real difference in server population do I get for it?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dockter Member

I haven't seen a high population server for what its worth in years. Now their definition of high population also I'm sure has changed.

Take WoW Classic for example. Right now their servers can't handle the load, they have logon queues for hours. I would do just about anything to have the population like had back in 2008. I never agreed with the Free to Play, anything good is worth paying for and IMO eq2 is still good. Do I agree with ever development decision no, but I liked it enough to purchase 2 lifetime subscriptions....
    Cyrrena, Siren and Soara2 like this.
  3. savemylife New Member

The question is about the relative population. It doesn't make sense to compare current population with 2008's.

Just to be more clear I'll split my question:
    1) What are the ranges for "low", "medium", "high" server populations
    2) Is there any more accurate way to measure the population of the servers? My method is not accurate at all. Despite Skyfire is almost always on "low" population the difference between "medium" could be 10-30%(since I dont really know the numbers)
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone knows the numbers except DBG and they aren't spilling.

Also as winter draws closer you will probably see the population rise a bit on all servers.
    Cyrrena, Geroblue, Dude and 3 others like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Nights of the Dead then Frostfell always bring the throngs back. But then the zones and servers start crashing. :p
    Hartay, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

There are numbers that I perhaps would not be too lazy to look at, but DBG knows little about it. This is age of those who play. For example, what do you think, which server is played mostly by middle-aged players, which has more older people, and where more youth? Don't answer this, let those who are interested in it try to figure it themselves out (when I wrote this message, search showed 78 players on server)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

aaa.. I forgot, when registering, we indicated year birth. Then they know, but they won’t say :p. We all told truth (or something like that), right?
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Pixistik Well-Known Member

They don't sell our data anymore?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.