Servers Listed as "UP" But Can't log In...

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Naecrotik, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Naecrotik Guest

I am new to E.Q. II and this is the first time I've experienced a server maintenance since I began playing. I have refreshed the server list repeatedly on the official page, getting the same result of everything lised as "Up". I've also tried loading and shutting down the game via the launcher as well, logging in and out, and my characters are listed as being on "Locked" servers.
    Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with my account that I should contact C. Support for?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    ~N~
  2. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Naecrotik wrote:
    They are doing the Qeynos revamp today which means bout a 3 hour downtime give or take....if they had bothered to post todays update notes you would have been alerted.
  3. ARCHIVED-Baanthos Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    There are many different areas that state the downtime will be 3 hours starting at 6 AM PDT. Normally, the servers are listed as locked, but for some reason they are not, both in Launchpad and on Everquest2.com. Try again around 9 AM PDT (10 MDT, 11 CDT, 12EDT).
  4. ARCHIVED-BeeJay Guest

Always worth checking out the Official News and Announcements forum, found at the top of the forum lists. Details of server downtime are posted there. See today's downtime announcement.
  5. ARCHIVED-Naecrotik Guest

Thanks all. Found the downtime info. :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Kapath Guest

are they up are they up?!
  7. ARCHIVED-MisterDiggler Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Fixum Guest

Server Status pages don't work right most of the time anyway.
    The Launcher, EQ2 Players and the Server Status page. Thats 3 places and they all say right now the the servers are up. BUT, they are not.
    Best way to know is roll the dice, try logging in and see what you get.
    It's been that way since I can remember (7 years plus.)
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The problem is, the Server Status information does not give an impression of the state of Login servers. I have asked for this information in the past and I'm hopeful one day we'll get it. It doesn't have to be specific servers, just an indication that US or EU Login servers are accepting connections or not.