Server wide anncounments for Avatars, please.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Balbasur, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Arieste Well-Known Member

Sorry, which message are you talking about?

Because this part makes me think it's talking about the "kill" message that i had suggested:

but then this part makes me think you're talking about the "spawn" message which most people are against:

(Lag doesn't matter if mob is dead, so you must be talking about it being up...)
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

No has been talking about a kill message for several pages except you. We are talking about a spawn message. If they want a kill message go for it, the most it would do is give a window for when to watch spawns which is information they could get now. If they aren't willing to camp the spawns and use a call list it won't matter anyway which is why we have been talking about a spawn message.
  3. Crychtonn Active Member

A) If you think a kill message gives no usefull information your an idiot. Non idiots would find a message that lets them know Tunare died extremely helpfull. They know not to waste their time checking Lessar Faydark for the next three days and exactly when the next spawn window opens. To anyone that wants to find and attempt an Avatar that is extremely usefull information.

B) If you truelly don't get that a spawn message only helps the top guilds keep a firmer grip on Avatars, well again shows your an idiot.

C) Lag is one of the most used arguement against a spawn message. So I don't see where your trying to go with your comments about it.
  4. Carthington Member

A) Yes, lets get rid of the element of suprise and competition.
    B) You're wasting your time, so why bother?
    C) Lag is the devil in all aspects of the game.

D) You'll shoot your eye out, kid...
    AricaJade likes this.
  5. Johnnie New Member

If your Guild can not get Avatars without announcements you just not deserve it !
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

/shrug watch server populations continue to slide, bad things happen when you limit content to a select group of people
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

There's a ton of content limited to a select group of people.

I don't understand the housing community, I don't have the time or creativity to commit to the housing aspect of the game, and the information isn't readily available.. so I'm being excluded from it. Therefor, it should be removed from the game, right?

No, because there's a ton of content not everyone participates in. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game, it means they should find a way to make people want to do it. And yes, raiding is easier than decorating houses. Get on my reality level.

As for the avatar monopoly idea.. I don't know if you know this, but any guild killing avatars is full of cocksure douchebags.

That is a PROVEN FACT.

You're telling me that the reason these people are complaining is because they feel that it would be too hard for them to keep getting avatars if other people knew about their spawn? That's a goddam joke. These guys know they're the best thing around. It would take a second coming of Christ to convince them otherwise. As far as I'm concerned, and everyone else killing avatars regularly, the only reason anyone else kills them is freak luck. And that won't change.

With that said, the only reason NOT to do it is lag. Nobody cares about trolling/griefing. Nobody cares about additional competition or lack of a dedication requirement. Nobody cares one way or the other about very much of anything involving anything.. this is no different.

If it can be done without additional lag, then by all means. Nobody cares.
    AricaJade and Neiloch like this.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Well put Maergoth, well put.
  9. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Also, I'm very happy cocksure isn't filtered. I don't often get to use such pseudo-colorful terminology!
  10. Balbasur Active Member

I just happy to see SOE is letting a select few guilds actually see content that every one pays for.
  11. Raenius Well-Known Member

Ah, the well put "I pay for" argument!

Why dont you just come up with the idea you were born as a human and deserve to be a millionaire since there are others out there who earned the money by themselves?

If you actually want to see stuff you dont deserve in the first place: less whine on forums and more effort in checking/killing avatars - its up to you, atm you achieve NOTHING!

So, I strongly suggest you get a proper raid/guild consisting of people with the same goal, get a call list and start checking on timers on your server - but I guess even IF you would manage this, you would give up after you witnessed the kill of an avatar by the dominating guild a few times.
    Contesteds just arent your content, your attitude isnt enough to get them - not as long as its based on flawed theory and lots of tears. Man up, or just move on. ~
    AricaJade and Neiloch like this.
  12. Maergoth Well-Known Member

I pay for housing design and dungeon maker and I'm "not allowed" to see that content.
    And by "not allowed" I mean "too lazy to learn it".

Which is what you mean as well, you just don't realize it. Or you do, and you're just being an ***.

The difference between guilds who kill avatars and those who don't is effort and desire.
    The difference between people who do design houses and those who don't is effort and desire.

If you removed everything that SOME people don't want to do, you'd have nothing left except a room full of disarmed exquisite chests.
    Crychtonn and Arieste like this.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Crychtonn and Estred like this.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Haha, very well framed Neiloch... I almost lost my tea for that one.
  15. Mohee Active Member

I think Neiloch and Maergoth are my heroes :D
    Neiloch for his image and caption
    and Maergoth for being spot on right about this.
  16. Crychtonn Active Member

For the record I was never advocating they put in a server wide kill message. I was only trying to relay that if they were to add something a Kill message would be better then a Spawn message and the reasons why. Next time I'll stay out of it and let Neiloch and Maergoth make all the post. They are much better at it then me and I tend to agree with 99% of what they post.
  17. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Spawn message would be better if lag wasn't in the equation.

I pitched the idea originally, so I take the blame for this horrible thread and the OP's fanaticism.
  18. Crychtonn Active Member

I was putting support for the kill instead of spawn because I'd delt with the lag of three guilds plus spectators on a Pestilence fight before. I'm sure both other guilds would back me up on how horrible it was. How each pulled ended in fail effect wipes because of delays in red text messages. There was no fun in it at all and it was like that until one of the three said screw it and left. Most of the lag left with them and Avatar was killed the next pull.

I'm just really against having people deal with that on a regular basis. It felt like being in SF again on Klak or Ox when I actually hoped they never do conteseted again because the insane lag made the fights so unfun. I was glad they went back to putting them in older zones with less traffic to help reduce the lag problems.
  19. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

it must be odd to be the obsessive fanboy of gamers that play a game. Never understood that.
  20. Dinwiz Active Member

server wide white screen once they dead! :p