Server move poll on Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Because it's a good metric of active players, and lastly those looking to group are looking to group in AoM Heroics, not old content. Also census has been down since yesterday morning so I can't run any new queries anyway :)
  2. Kurisutaru Active Member

/agree

I'm a solo/decorator/crafter. I have been playing this game since its release back in Nov 2004. I own seven accounts, one All Access (used to be two) which has been active since EQ1's Planes of Power x-pack went live. So yeah, among all of 'em I've spent (purchasing x-packs, unlocking features, buying fluff, etc.) quite a bit of money myself. :eek:

Hello. My name is Kurisutaru and I'm an alt-holic. :oops:
  3. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Not on AB but with all this talk of merging other servers I felt the need to speak up. I am on Unrest. Love it. Its lower perceived population doesn't bother me a bit, in fact its nice to be able to get updates faster, especially on my weekly named in AoM :p . I sure hope server mergers will not happen because a vocal personal interest group wants to bully everyone into playing their way. For every person who is frustrated with low population servers there probably is someone just fine with them. I know when I start playing a new game I LOOK FOR low population servers.

Enough digressing though, as I am missing the real reason I wanted to post. We who are on other servers should let the AB people speak up about what they want to do, and stop derailing THEIR thread =D
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Honestly, if they really wanted to know, they could just give every character on AB 1 free move token that doesn't go to Freeport and see if there is any takers.

solves the problem faster with those willing.

Why poll? where the results can be skewed for lots of reasons.
  5. Kurisutaru Active Member

/agree

The little hick up here is that this thread got derailed the moment merging of other servers subject got brought up, which if you read back you'll find actually got started by AB players themselves. Like I said in a previous post.. that opened the doors for others to give their opinion on the matter.. :oops:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Marr New Member

((I remember from the early years of a 'free server move' for characters, of which it seemed my chars at the time were lost from the list of the ones to be moved. So stayed until the split off of Splitpaw made us move.))

I paid to move my chars ( 7x $$$ there was a sell of SC I think and the fight of ALL Access members not able to buy the move token from the marketplace etc. ) and left some chars. by the wayside. Went through the painful process and loss of housing/items for two of my main characters and attempting to submit a listing of items I could think of to get full names of to re-acquire some of those lost items - to join a populated server! Deleted a few characters from other US servers in order to bring my chars over. Not to mention having paid for extra characters slots - same extra slots - multi times, easier then trying to fight just to get my characters able to be logged in. Lost a guild hall that we had leveled.

Waited and checked names on the server daily, to see if I could get my characters names back. Some of them did (paid again for name changes ) and some I did not. I have now again helped leveled a guild to 71, with a friend that also moved. I no longer really decorate housing or dungeons these days... and no longer play four accounts, just the one.

We lost friends, my play time was reduced so loss of groups and raiding was a loss but real life made it less of an issue.
    I now have play time a bit more often...... So server move?????? You removed Gamer Masters ( GM's) from the game,
    you now only have techs(?)...sooo.....

ARE YOU CRAZY?????

Only if you guaranteed char name stayed exactly the same... full guildhall move..full dungeon moves..full housing moves with all items..... no loss of rankings acheivements etc.. lock stock and barrel......................... maybe but doubtful.
    I agree with others on here, what good would it do, is there a problem with AB server atm?????
    What are we NOT being told?

I'll say this if you have your character move, make sure you log in and off of that moved character with/on the same PC.

..ok my penny's worth.
    oh.. Rift allows char moves.. works ok on there but housing there isn't tied to the server but a separate so no matter server you still go to your same housing.. name changes are a pain though..
  7. Feytahl Member

Creating a wiped/new server people can transfer to for free solves that problem, your name would be safe. Tickets for guildhall leaders to move their guildhall and you're done. Merge the rest whenever into one or two ... or don't. Very little work for DGC and full options for players. All of these servers have incredible amounts of data to bother merging in my opinion and this was the best suggestion offered in this thread.

I still do not understand why they would poll the one server that does suffer the very reason most people have been begging for free transfers or mergers for years -- a low population. It's like asking private school kids if they have enough amenities because all the public school kids are screaming they have to share textbooks and then using those poll results to decipher if there's a consensus that it's a problem. Unless they are already thinking of creating a new server, or two, and using those poll results to determine how people would feel about being moved off the server with the least complaints, then trashing the old player data instead of merging it. Just a thought.

I don't care how they decide to solve the problem as long as players can access high population servers at no additional cost.
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Okay, so you have conducted the poll, you have 15 pages of opinions and feedback... So what is the time table for you to ultimately decide what you plan to do with AB? Please don't keep us in suspense wondering when something is gonna hit us, give us at least a ball park time.
  9. Bierforr New Member

Why? This makes absolutely no sense, shouldn't you take a few of the lower populated servers and merge those?
    This entire exercise is an effort in reverse logic, as you don't slaughter your prized cow first, you get eat the lame ones to start.

"Lets take the server with the highest odds of attracting and keeping new/returning players and smash it with a hammer!"

Historically players are usually attracted to higher population servers, as we assume there will be more newer players on it to help us on our way. Not everyone is thrilled with pay-to-win, and though some people might not have the time to grind to 90, I'm not a 'wallet warrior' or interested in getting powerleveled.

That being said, ANY server-based game I play, I opt for the highest population; I'm playing a MMO for Brells sake!

"...ILLOGICAL!"
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm playing in an MMO, have been here since 2006, and I prefer a low-population server, being a solo adventurer/crafter (just because I might be visiting New York City doesn't mean I'm going to wander off with a pack of strangers who say, "C'mon! It'll be fun! Trust us!"). It's nice having a guild, and I'm not too inclined to ever leave one once I've joined (I've left one for personal reasons. The others were because they kind of died out from under me, or I was helping someone else establish a new one), but I almost always have at least 9 toons on each server, one for each crafting specialty, so we're covered, regardless. My servers include Antonia Bayle, and I can't think of any of my other servers that need doubling-up on all my crafting specialties elsewhere. If this is indeed voluntary, like Holly was intimating, that's great. If we're going to be shoved off Antonia Bayle and scattered to the four winds, I don't think so.

Uwk
    who has to chuckle understandingly at Kurisutaru...I'm up to like 52 alts on Gold alone and have 48 slots on Silver accounts; how's by you? ;->
    Kurisutaru and Belenos like this.
  11. Marr New Member

Dear Norrathians,
    This is in part to gauge the interest in a move option for one of our highest population servers and to assess this alternative as a tool to move the populations around to different servers when we see an opportunity.”

humm

Alternative??? Are you really thinking of randomly grabbing people's chars. and next time they log in
    find they have lost all their items ( share bank - just to name one thing) and have no clue what server
    they now logged in on? Or why? How are you going to know which chars. are on which accounts that 'go together'?

What is the Ulterior Motive that’s really behind this poll?

If the server is having problems, then move AB population to a better server.

If ‘new clean fresh server’ then doubt only AB people might be interested and

Doubt once it was flooded and fully populated, would that not then lead to what

Is hinted at as being the reason ‘population amount’ which caused this poll in first place?

Just state the nitty-grity and say what’s behind this up front.

I would be inclined to think you are coming at this and us from a roundabout way, and trying to

do an end run about something. Just not sure what yet.
  12. Korucuu Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks aproacheth will be interesting to hear the outcome.
  13. Crafti New Member

splitpaw and its 12 players would welcome anyone thank god i got off there or i would have died of boredom
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Crafti New Member

i moved to freeport from splitpaw unlike the us we only have the choice of splitpaw no rp or pvp server but splitpaw is near enough none existant of players and i wouldn't go back there and the only time i would go on a new server now is if they created a PROGRESSIVE server HINT HINT WINK WINK but it really makes me wonder where all the eu servers actually went to and why eu gamers choose other mmo's and why eq2 is for sale in our £1 shops
  15. Crafti New Member

there's no plat spammers on there because theres no market for selling plat to just a handfull of people
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  16. Crafti New Member

my 2 coppers worth on all of this is why don't the devs... whats left of them.... look at when eq2 was one of the most talked about and played mmos of all time and then look at when people started leaving in big numbers then look at other popular mmos and what they offer and finally then implement some changes, stop filling up marketplace to make money listen to the paying customers and maybe say do a progression server and make a tv ad about it to reach out to all those players that left offer something to players rather than try to offer things that costs lots of money show devs gm's and guides active on the forums in the places where it matters most not in places where you're trying to encourage players onto the marketplace. take the duck mount great idea great work great animation but look at the staff post tracker where they are posting.... merc crates duck mounts and the new campaign aka old renamed soe adventure pack. do something more creative again like decent regular gm events not guide go collect ones but real ones where gms actually created something good such gm events like eq1 gm lavelia (may have spelled that wrong) used to do on stormhammer.
  17. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Windstalker, "We’ll report back in a couple of weeks to discuss the results and then see if we should pursue the move option."

So what has DayBreak decided? It's been more than a couple of weeks...
    Thalador likes this.
  18. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Look. This isn't rocket science. Antonia Bayle has a "somewhat" healthy population. I say somewhat, because it could be better. Back in the day the server were flooded with people. Yes, that might have been overcrowded. But we are far away from that. Imho the server Antonia bayle could even use a few more people. But the population is ten thousand times better than any other server. That's why I said "somewhat".

Trying to take people off Antonia bayle is pure madness. Why would you even think about that? This, and MAYBE Freeport are the only healthy servers.

Im not egoistic or trying take people their right away to voice their opinion, but anyone, who wishes to play on a dead server, is playing the wrong game. They have no business to say anything in this matter. This is an MMORPG, the whole game is based on a healthy population. It doesn't necessarily have to be overcrowded, but a ghost town server makes no sense in this game.
    So taking people away from Antonia Bayle could not be more wrong, its nonsense. Do you understand that? It doesn't matter if you are trying to fix lag or performance. The whole idea is dumb. Fix your hardware or make other moves to improve performance but for the love of god, don't touch the population.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again not everyone wants to be on a high population server. We each have our different reasons but that doesn't mean we're playing the wrong game. It means we're playing the game our way so you play the game your way and everybody will be fine. If some people from AB want to transfer over to Butcherblock they'd be more than welcome. And as far as making EQ2 one massive server that is a terrible idea. If the servers merge let there be some who have lower populations for those who like it that way anyway. Anyone who has been playing EQ2 for any amount of time knows it's top heavy. I, for one, am not interested in rushing to the end content. I like taking my time and having the elbow room to do so. Soloers have as much right to play this game as people who like to group and raid.
    Lodrelhai, Rhodris and Strings like this.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd have zero issue going to explore another server with those of my guildies that also wanted an adventure, but only if I could take my Guild Infrastructure ;) I can see that--if they allowed it--opening a huge can of worms...what about those that did not go, disposition of the existing infrastructure, etc, Heheh, if nothing else, it would give the negative players something new to complain about on the forums /grins

Kitty
    Kurisutaru likes this.